We are currently seeking a talented Senior Experience Designer for the Erie Home Office or 100% remote work from home environment. This role will support the Next Level Innovation team. You will explore and create new products, services, and experiences that extend Erie Insurance’s value as a high-human-touch experience provider into a diversifying field of products and services beyond insurance. Being a part of the team who supports non-core experience design means that you’ll be having a direct impact on the lives of customers, agents, and employees. We’d like you to help us discover the future of Erie Insurance and create experiences that help and delight all the lives we touch.
Join our high-performing, cross-organizational team by applying expert knowledge and experience in the practice of human-centered design. Synthesize the work of trans-disciplinary teams to deliver a unified design vision for new products and services impacting customers, agents and employee experience in a behavioral-research-informed, agile environment. Facilitate ideation, concept development, prototyping, and launch of MVP’s. Demonstrate the value of design by building trust-based relationships that drive the alignment of stakeholders across projects, teams and functions. Embrace skills-based mentorship responsibilities with junior experience designers within the organization.
Uses broad design expertise to guide the conception, prototyping, and launch of solutions to our stakeholder’s most complex challenges.
Candidates who are not local to Erie, PA may be given consideration to work full time remotely within ERIE's operating footprint in the states of:
Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Washington D.C.
The hiring manager may consider candidates for Experience Designer. Level of position offered will be based upon the depth and breadth of selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops highly visual research takeaways (e.g. journey maps) and concept/idea summaries (e.g. storyboards, service blueprints).
- Develops low and medium fidelity prototypes rapidly, utilizing skills to make illustrations, wireframes, or 3D models.
- Develops higher fidelity prototypes rapidly, utilizing strong visual design skills.
- Coaches innovation team members including experience designers, behavioral researches, business analysts, technical analysts, innovation leaders, and business/IT partners on experience design best practices.
- Demonstrates strong design perspective while leading team through ideation, with ability to strategically conceptualize future-state products, services, and experiences.
- Partners with Business Analysts to design offerings with innovative business models and sources of revenue
- Models industry best practice design discipline and innovation process expertise.
- Acts as a change agent to establish a sustainable culture of innovation across ERIE.
Minimum Required Education Equivalents
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as business, design, research, etc. and five years’ related experience, required; or
- Associate’s degree in a related field such as business, design, research, etc. and seven years’ related experience, required; or
- Highschool diploma or GED and nine years’ related experience, required.
- Master’s degree preferred. Experience in innovation or human-centered design preferred.
ERIE Insurance offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional volunteer time; 401(k) and pension; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives.