What this role looks like.
- Leading and growing a Service Design Team/Squad that supports a specific product line, such as e-commerce, marketing or customer service
- Setting the direction of your Service Design Squad, acting as an inspirational leader for the team and focusing on evolving the Service Design capability and offering within our International Product Organisation (IPO)
- Balancing innovation on new ideas that optimise our services for ALDI customers with continuous improvements that drive process efficiency for our colleagues (i.e. 130,000 store employees)
- Working closely with the Squad Leads for other product lines, Lead Architects and Product Owner Leads (among others), and representing your Service Design Squad within the IPO that serves different ALDI markets
- Assuming responsibility for output quality and timeliness of deliverables; together with the other Squad Leads, ensuring that your team and the wider Service Design group delivers on goals and OKRs
- Leading a community of practice for one of our design methodologies focused on an area such as experience, business or service design
What you bring with you.
- Degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive experience in service design and using service design methodologies, working client-side or withing a consulting organisation
- Experience with line management and coaching a team of varying degrees of experience, from juniors up to seniors
- Previous experience leading complex multi-channel work programmes, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and OKRs are met
- Deep knowledge of design and research methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative research, data and analytics, requirements definition, co-design, ideation and prototyping
- Excellent verbal/visual communication and presentation skills, with a proven ability to engage with internal stakeholders and senior business leaders
- Hands-on experience working inside an agile delivery and technology environment working with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts and Solution Architects
- Ability to use problem-solving skills as an integral part of driving projects forward (you’ll rely on them daily)
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and welcome feedback to continually improve results
- Robust communication skills, with the capacity to express ideas effectively and foster collaboration among team members
- Solid grasp of design principles and a keen affinity for technology
What you will get in return.
- Partial mobile working within Germany, incl. hardware budget
- Attractive remuneration
- State-of-the-art technologies
- Future-oriented training and development
- Modular onboarding and buddy
- Corporate health management programme
- Additional satellite offices (e.g. in Düsseldorf)
Your Tech Stack
What you will work with.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Ready to shape the change?
Apply now in a few moments - without a cover letter!