Senior Service Designer, Dubai
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Service Designer to join Engine’s growing Dubai studio. The successful candidate will play a key part in supporting the Dubai Studio to deliver exceptional service design and to support the senior teams in delivering a great client experience for some of Engine’s biggest international customers. Visit: enginegroup.co.uk/team for more information
You’re obsessed with the craft of creating great services and have a desire to do this in a dynamic, emerging, multi-cultural market.
You’re able to easily demonstrate a passion for understanding how people think and behave as well as understanding how services need to work to deliver great customer experiences.
You’re also motivated by being the creative engine on projects ensuring that designs are a perfect blend of being creative and fit for purpose for customers and deliverable into the client’s organisation.
As a Senior Service Designer you will be expected to lead parts of the project and design process, and so you will need to be:
- A creative, strategic and systematic thinker
- Adaptable in designing services across multiple sectors and channels
- Confident in putting a case forward for the creative direction.
- Consistent and reliable and always deliver against project time and quality requirements.
- A team player but willing to take on responsibility for aspects of the project delivery.
- A people person who can take in the opinions and perspectives of others.
- Considerate and professional.
- Able to shape service design and related methodologies to suit the needs of projects.
You will often be the 'wing-person' for the project lead and in some situations, will be asked to act as the project lead. Therefore, someone who has a demonstrable record of great client management and account development experience will be preferred.
You’ll work closely with the client, the client director, project managers and project leads to ensure projects run smoothly and deliver an exceptional client experience.
- You're able to make informed decisions on the best use of time, quality and resources in light of project profitability.
- You are comfortable running small to medium sized projects irrespective of sector.
- You can produce new thinking, ideas and content in the form of well-articulated ideas drawn from creative leaps or thoughtful analysis.
- You can systematically break down complex problems.
- You are comfortable running client sessions, workshops and supporting client liaison to maintain a strong working relationship.
- You have strong written and verbal skills (English).
- You can work autonomously within projects and deliver high quality, creative, communication and research outputs.
- You have a good work ethic, are ambitious and willing to go the extra mile for delivering great projects.
- Languages would be a bonus, especially Arabic
Key tasks and accountability
- The structuring and ownership of project tasks and activities including research visits, workshops, documentation etc
- Fully support project leads in guiding clients throughout the entire project process
- The delivery of consistent, well considered and structured outputs across all types of deliverable
- Delivering strong creative output and rationale across all aspects of project delivery.
- The production of visually rich and clear documents, presentations and workshop materials. Proficient in the use of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and PowerPoint.
- Guiding more junior members and leading by example.
- Help develop accounts by being responsive to client needs, gathering intelligence and identifying possible opportunities.
What great looks like
- Takes an active interest in Service Design discipline and practice by reading around the subject and writing for the website.
- Develops client account relationships.
- Supports and creates extra-curricular activities for Engine to ensure Engine is always improving its ways of working.
- Shows initiative in streamlining processes and getting more efficient by sharing best practice and helping others - Contributes to the social aspects of Engine including knowledge share events.
- Supports more junior members of the team in getting the most out of their time at Engine.
- Supports the studio team in maintaining the client experience by getting the basics right (Filling out timesheets on time, answering external phone calls, keeping things clean and tidy and making our partners and non-Engine colleagues feel welcome).
At Engine, we like people who enjoy exploring a challenge, working out solutions, polishing them and packing it all up. We're creative, process is important to us and we enjoy understanding what makes people tick. Developing ways of thinking, finding an angle and making things seem as simple as possible, are all skills we value.
We are interested in different levels of experience and expertise, so whatever your design specialism, field, or experiences, get in touch.
Please email your CV, a covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com by Tuesday 20th February
Founded in 2000, Engine is a Service Design consultancy with offices in London and Dubai. We help ambitious organisations to imagine, design and deploy enhanced services and high performing omnichannel customer experiences, faster.
We get there faster using Design-led change to inspire, define and plan solutions our clients can deliver. We bring the insight and imagination needed to craft remarkable services and experiences that are right for our client's customers, businesses and brand.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!