Lead UX/Service Designer at Fortum
Consumer Solutions consists of Fortum's service offerings for private customers, such as electricity sales and Norway's largest charging network for electric cars, Fortum Charge & Drive. The Consumer Solutions division adapts to the rapid changes that occur in consumer behavior as a result of new technological development.
We are aiming to revolutionize the customer journey in the energy business, by accelerating our transition from electricity product sales to delightful new consumer services within the domain of electric vehicle charging at home and on the go, solar panels and batteries, among others.
The mission of the Fortum Customer Experience Design team is to design and facilitate quality service experiences within the consumer customer landscape. We partner with teams across the organization to improve customer experiences, incubate new services, and cultivate a human-centered design culture and capability within Fortum.
Position is located at the Fortum Offices in Norway requiring some international travel due to business development needs in multiple countries. In the role of Lead UX/Service Designer, you will lead design activities within selected business areas and foster design thinking culture locally by leading the local Design Lab. You'd report to the global Head of Customer Experience Design.
- Create end to end customer journeys including all customer touchpoints and service blueprints to identify service opportunities and form the experience landscape
- Create, lead, and implement design project and validation plans
- Design and facilitate workshops and capability-building activities, including instructional materials, trainings, and toolkits
- Create design concepts and prototypes, and iterate on tools and resources that promote human-centered design practice and mindset
- Communicate and present research and design insights to stakeholders to foster decision making
- Conduct functional analysis and design, working with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve service issues
- Define KEIs and analyze service metrics data to improve design solutions
- Advise service teams in solving complex problems or issues regarding management, processes, and business systems
- Conduct qualitative design research using ethnographic and participatory methods to test service concepts, prototypes, and systems
We expect you to have over six years of experience in service, interaction or digital visual design, and a proven track record in creating engaging consumer services and experiences. Experience in business development, and working in an international, multisite environment are considered a plus.
You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree preferably in art, design or technology-related subject. You master Visual or Interaction design techniques and tools in digital channels, and are confident and experienced in conducting qualitative user research. You are fluent in written and spoken English and Norwegian. Swedish and Finnish are considered as plus.
A fast-changing work environment intrigues you, you enjoy agile development and understand the role of new technology as a business enabler.
Our aim is to make a step change in the areas of service design, customer experience and commercialization. In addition to the higher customer engagement and satisfaction, our business transformation will enable higher value creation from the existing and acquired customer bases, thus enabling new growth opportunities. As a Lead UX/Service Designer, you will work collaboratively on a wide range of projects (electric car home charging, solar energy among others), and use human-centered and participatory design methods to facilitate service improvement and new service design efforts. As part of the CX Design team, you will play a key role in developing tools and resources for building design capability across the global organization, and educating and empowering service teams to adopt new methods and mindsets. We're also expecting you take active role in user research activities in Norway.
Send your application, CV and portfolio in English by the end of next week (October 22nd). For more information please contact Robert Nash, Manager executive search, +47 92899694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!