Global Events Manager at the Service Design Network
Want to work for the largest network of service design professionals in the world? Become part of our team and lead the organising team for the yearly Global Service Design Conference.
SDN is looking for an outgoing, self-motivated event organiser with a proactive approach to work to oversee and organise events that will make an impact to a target audience. You’ll manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the actual day itself and the post-event evaluation, paying attention to budget and time constraints. The role is very hands-on and involves coordinating a team and working as part of it. You’ll typically work on SDN´s global conference as well as supporting national SDN chapter conferences from the HQ.
Key responsibilities involve:
- produce detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire
- manage ticketing and ticketing platform, liaise with SDN accountant
- manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (e.g. venue, catering,AV, travel)
- liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote the event; overseeing management of event website
- manage all pre-event planning (e.g. speakers care, volunteers care, delegates)
- coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget
- manage a team of staff (in-house and at event location), giving full briefings organise facilities for hospitality and the media
- come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
- research opportunities for new sponsors and events
Although the work is largely office based, you’ll need to travel to visit clients, partners, sponsors, venues and other suppliers.
This position requires proven experience as event manager, strong skills in project management, knowledge of key performance indicators and marketing techniques for event management, computer savvy, proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Excel and Word, outstanding communication and negotiation ability, excellent organisational skills, a knack for problem-solving, customer-service orientation, a team player with leadership skills. A BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred. A high level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision are expected.
Apply us an email direcly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- your CV
- a motivation letter
- earliest starting date
We will not not be able to consider you if the requested documents are not provided.
We look forward to working with you!