Global Events Manager at the Service Design Network
Want to work for the largest network of service design professionals in the world? Become part of our team and lead the organising team for the yearly Global Service Design Conference.
SDN is looking for an outgoing, experienced and self-motivated event organiser. You’ll manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event itself and the post-event evaluation, paying attention to budget and time constraints. The role is very hands-on and involves coordinating a team and working as part of it. You’ll typically work on SDN´s global conference as well as supporting national SDN chapter conferences, the SDN Academy and our event space Loft33. You will be located in Cologne, Germany, traveling might be required.
Service Design Network is an international non-profit organization. We are a small young headquarter team, located in Cologne. Our network has almost 15.000 members all over the world and more than 50.000 followers in the community. We organize one global conference per year – the SDGC – and many national conferences and academy events. We have an amazing open-minded and innovative community – and we are looking for someone who enjoys a flexible and creative environment.
Key responsibilities involve:
- produce detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire
- manage ticketing and ticketing platform, liaise with SDN accountant
- manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (e.g. venue, catering, AV, travel)
- liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote the event; overseeing
management of event website
- manage all pre-event planning (e.g. speakers care, volunteers care, delegates)
- handle client queries
- develop sponsoring formats, reach out to sponsors, contract and manage sponsors
- manage a team of staff (in-house and at event location), giving full briefings organise facilities
for hospitality and the media
- come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
- develop new event formats
- remote management with event board, media board and local team
- creating and updating bi-monthly reports
Although the work is largely office based, you’ll need to travel to visit clients, partners, sponsors, venues and other suppliers.
This position requires proven experience as event manager, strong skills in project management, knowledge of key performance indicators and marketing techniques for event management, computer savvy, proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Excel and Word, outstanding communication and negotiation ability, excellent organisational skills, a knack for problem-solving, customer-service orientation, a team player with leadership skills. A BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred. A high level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision are expected. We are an international non-profit organization, therefore you need to be proficient in business English.
Apply in English until September 30th via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- your CV
- a motivation letter
- reference letters
- earliest starting date
We will not not be able to consider you if the requested documents are not provided.
We look forward to working with you!
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!