Explore the emergent role of design within the landscape of innovation, the key players in design-led innovation teams, how to combine convergent and divergent thinking, the real world versus the world of ideas, the power of visualisation and ways to scale up your design concept. Using case studies and innovation stories that draw from current exhibitions and the permanent collection at the Design Museum, the masterclass will explore the curatorial context and provide a rich and stimulating mixture of new ideas and practical tools. At the core of the masterclass is the opportunity to work as part of a creative team on a real-world project that you bring to the session. Whatever business sector you are in, or level of design interest or expertise, this course will equip you with a robust model to apply design thinking in your own working life.
The masterclass is led by Professor Emeritus Jeremy Myerson, Helen Hamlyn Chair of Design at the RCA.
For more information, please visit our webpage:
- Fees: £900
- Location: In person on campus over 1.5 days
- Day 1: 2 May 2023: 1pm – 6pm BST (registration from 12.30pm) at the Design Museum
- Day 2: 3 May 2023: 10am – 5pm BST (registration from 9.30pm) at the RCA Battersea campus
Places are limited so if you are interested in attending, please click here to book, and select ‘Design Thinking & Innovation Masterclass' on the form.
Personal and organisational benefits:
The benefits to you and your organisation include:
- thorough understanding of design thinking as applied across a range of business and organisational challenges
- a new model to reframe innovation projects through a design lens
- experience of working collaboratively
- access to global practice in design thinking
- critical, creative and insightful thinking
- ideation and visualisation skills to realise design innovations
- empathic understanding of users / customers
- interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions
- a certificate of attendance.