1) Can you explain what service design is? And how your company implements it / uses that field?
Service Design helps us create a positive and consistent customer experience across our services and channels. At Rabobank we have a team of approximately ten service designers who collaborate closely with customer journey managers. Together they execute design projects for internal clients from various departments across the organization.
2) What do you believe is the greatest opportunity for your company using service design?
Implementing service design gives us the chance to become the most customer centric bank in the Netherlands, to constantly use an outside-in approach. Our greatest opportunity as designers is to become involved at an earlier stage of a project, so that we have a bigger say in the project scoping and provision of resources.
3) Can you share three tips for implementing service design in their own practice?
1. Collaborate. Let the service designer work together with someone who knows the organization and important stakeholders well. This is crucial for the organization’s acceptance of the design proposals that result from the project.
2. Balanced team. Form a team not only based on knowledge and experience but also on skills, attitude and role.
3. Show yourself. Be sure the rest of the organization knows what you are capable of by showcasing your work. Present yourself as a strong design agency within the large company. This also includes staying inspired and up to date within the field of design, as you operate in a non-design environment.
Share your thoughts0 Replies
Please login to comment