Salary: dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours (flexible)
Location: London, with regular work across the UK.
Closing date: 12:00 midnight, Sunday 8th December.
We’re looking for Service Designers across three experience levels to fill full-time and permanent positions in our London studio:
- Entry level, showing ability to meet the job role as described below
- Salary: £28k-£35k
- A proven track record of the job role
- Salary: £35k-£50k
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the job role
- Salary: £50k-£65k
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this with our design team, engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This December, we’ll be ten years old. In the past five years we’ve more than doubled in size to a team approaching 40 people, opened a new London studio, and worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco to the Scottish Government.
We have big plans for the next three years and are seeking people who can join us, working with our partners and clients to design services that support people to thrive.
Below, you’ll find information on our requirements, the job responsibilities, our values, what we’re looking for, what we offer, and how to apply.
Applicants will have experience in developing services inside organisations, meaning you’ve spent time crafting and understanding what it takes to deliver a new or improved service. You don’t need to refer to yourself as a service designer specifically, you could have fulfilled a role similar to these titles or responsibilities.
As a Service Designer at Snook you
- Are passionate about user needs and can balance these in the context of wider system and business needs
- Work comfortably with the different materials of a service, from user interactions across digital and non-digital to backend processes and policy
- Build prototypes of services and products that can be tested with people
- Understand how services are powered on the internet
- Work in multidisciplinary teams with user researchers, business designers, subject experts, developers, and user interaction designers to build products and services
- Coach and build capabilities of organisations to learn the basics in design and human-centred approach
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of Service Design
Responsibilities and experience
Please click on the following link for further details of the job role:
Complete description of responsibilities and experience
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience across the majority of our responsibilities and experience needs (see link above).
- A passion and excitement for digital tools, practices, and outputs
- An excellent problem-solver
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Someone who can bring new knowledge to our team and challenge what we do
- You feel as passionate about the projects we deliver as we do
- Most importantly, you’re looking to join a lovely team and support us in delivering great design work.
If that’s you, we’d love you to apply!
What we offer
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training
- We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks. We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead
- We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started
How to apply
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is diverse. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
The closing time and date for applications is 12:00 midnight on Sunday 8th December.
- Please submit a CV, brief cover letter, and a portfolio showing examples of your work in the format of an A4 document, highlighting the challenges faced and the outcomes of your key projects
- Please let us know where you saw this role advertised.
- Send this to firstname.lastname@example.org with one of these titles, selecting as appropriate:
Hire me | Associate Designer
Hire me | Designer
Hire me | Senior Designer
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer these at convenient times outside of work hours. We can support travel costs outside of London if we take you to an interview stage.