An opportunity to influence change and innovation in the housing sector with one of the UK’s largest affordable housing providers.
Optivo gives 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own. We work with residents, local authorities, and partners to meet housing need, and to create safe, sustainable communities for our residents.
We are looking for someone who is able to work with the housing world to achieve change, but not feel constrained by traditional ways of doing things. We want you to bring new ideas, ways of thinking and approaches to help support, shape and deliver our work.
The role is currently based in Clapham but will be moving to Croydon towards the end of 2018.
• Establish a foundation for evidence based innovation using research and engagement with residents, colleagues and e other stakeholders.
• Work collaboratively with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to deliver compelling, intuitive and easy to use products and services.
• Provide service design support on projects and translate insights into prototypes products and services
• Support the wider innovation process to develop ideas into solutions that will achieve change and make a tangible and positive difference in people’s lives
You will need:
• Knowledge and experience of using a range of service design methods
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to develop insights
• The ability to apply creative thinking to develop new products and services
• The ability to facilitate workshops and co-creation activities
• To be a strong team player in a multidisciplinary setting who is comfortable with change and can demonstrate an entrepreneurial mind-set.
• Strong design skills and the ability to create visual presentations and reports based on our innovation activities
• Familiarity with the basic concepts of Agile
• Strong writing skills and an ability to present findings in ways that are clear, compelling and credible.
• An interest in digital innovation and new technology
• An interest in social housing and innovation in public services