Service Designer at Booz Allen Hamilton
Apply design thinking and service design techniques to solve client problems creatively, facilitate co-creation sessions with design teams, and develop and test low-fidelity prototypes.
Booz Allen Digital Interactive is a diverse digital and design team inside of the Strategic Innovation Group at Booz Allen Hamilton. We transform complex and cumbersome systems into elegant solutions for our clients using technology and design. Our service designers are business savvy and design smart. They work collaboratively with clients and interdisciplinary teams to define and test new service offerings. With a toolkit of human-centered design techniques, shape the development of new service concepts from idea to implementation. Service Designers have a range of responsibilities, from overseeing design deliverable quality, leading teams, communicating to clients, and managing projects. They are positive people with a passion for shaping the near future for our mission-driven clients. You may provide direction to junior level employees. Experience: Master’s degree in Design, Design Planning, Anthropology, HCI, Sociology, Business, and doctorate preferred.
As a Service Designer in Digital Interactive, you will leverage your experience communicating and envisioning service concepts across a variety of platforms on client-facing projects. In this hands-on role you be responsible for the delivery of projects in industries ranging from healthcare, finance, and a variety of public sector clients. Whether creating journey maps to identify points of improvement or designing a system to measure customer experience, you will inspire the design vision on your team, leading workshops and meetings, and driving the project’s focus to balance business and user needs. Your solid understanding of generative and evaluative user research will allow you to easily weave multiple stakeholders into your project plan. Our Service Designers have empathy for end-users as well as clients – they want to know what makes people tick. You can expect to define project scope and work with the Program Manager to proactively respond to rapidly changing environments. You’ll enjoy applying a mix of left and right-brain thinking to guide the production of high-quality deliverables, including progress reports, journey maps, service blueprints, interactive prototypes. You’ll leverage expertise from Digital Interactive, including data scientists, UX/UI designers illustrators, to enable the team to look at the problem from different points of view, translating human centered insights into solutions to better people's lives. You are curious, and entrepreneurial, with a strong work ethic and passion for innovation.
- 5+ years of experience with user experience, service design, design thinking, design research, business design, or customer experience
- 3+ years of experience in working with IT architecture and systems, including for the purposes of implementing digital solutions
- 3+ years of experience in working with digital technologies, including mobile, web, and apps and prototyping tools
- Experience with client negotiation and setting expectations against real world limitations
- Ability to be inspiring, open minded, hardworking, collaborative, and thoughtful
Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in a consulting, facilitation, or training environment a plus
- Experience with communicating visually using tools including AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator a plus
- Experience with business modeling, research and analytics, and development a plus
- BA or BS degree in Design, Design Planning, Anthropology, Sociology, Business, or a related field preferred; MA or MS degree in Design, Social Sciences, Business, or a related field a plus
Many of our clients require a basic level clearance. Applicants selected may undergo a security investigation and would need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!