Service Design Consultant at Virtusa xLabs
Virtusa's Service Design team is growing (again) and we are looking for a fantastic Service Designer to join our multi-disciplinary team in our innovation unit xLabs.
Scope of Position:
Virtusa Service Design team is growing (again) and we are looking for a fantastic Service Designer to join our multi-disciplinary team. The right person for this role will help our clients evaluate and optimise the digital experience for their customers and colleagues. The role would suit a budding SME looking to take their next steps in a Service Design career and who’s keen to help us design and deliver services based on emerging technologies.
The Service Designer will work closely with a diverse team of MEng’s, MScs, MBAs and PhDs to:
- Conduct ethnographic research, gaining an understanding of users, their needs and behaviours
- Evaluate existing user journeys and evaluating these against personae
- Run workshops to create target user journeys
- Create and refine effective prototypes with clients.
This role would be right for someone who is:
- Curious: Unafraid to ask client’s management “Why?” but empathetic enough to understand how to design a better solution for users.
- Creative and keen to ask “What if?” and keen to sketch ideas
- Analytical and able to take with a Wicked Problem and help us to develop this into a practical road map.
- Proud of what we deliver for our clients (“What’s the best we can do”, rather than “What’s the least we can get away with?”).
- Comfortable co-facilitating workshops.
- Comfortable working with end users to evaluate what they do, think and feel throughout their journey.
- Able to structure a document that puts across a compelling case for why the client should move to a target service design.
- Mastery of graphic design with a strong portfolio showing ranging from sketching lo-fi prototyping and polished hi-fi deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Service Design or Product Design. Preferably a Master’s Degree in Service Design or Product Design.
- 1-2 years of relevant consulting experience as an undergraduate associate with an agency;
- An ability to work across the UK and EU. Preferably an EU passport holder.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead core research using a variety of approaches and tools
- Ability to quickly grasp client strategic issues and dig further into root cause
- Able to help develop the building of financial cost and benefits models and/or business cases
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to travel away from the studio up to 30%.
- Experienced: You have learned the Service Design process and understand that successful projects consider Strategic, People, Process and Technology dimensions;
- Smart: You can balance hitting strategic objectives with delivering practical tactical objectives.
- Collaborative: You work well within teams and can manage people with varying talents to deliver great results.
- Influential: You’re able to manage client expectations and drive teams to consensus, often when lines of authority are blurred.
- Straight-talking: You can communicate complex, or controversial things in simple terms. You’re confident delivering messages in written of visual formats, whether this be a critical project communications email, or a presentation to the client’s team.
- Collegial: VBC will be your team and you’ll be expected to actively help shape how the team develops.
What you’ll get from us:
- Work with smart folks. Our project teams combine Digital Architects from top SIs and software vendors and UXers from the likes of Engine, LBi and Razorfish.
- Regular time working directly with clients. We like our Service Designers to meet users, rather than just crank out wireframes in a battery-farm environment.
- The option to work in, Boston, (20 mins from MIT) New York (Wall Street), London (Silicon Roundabout), or Singapore (quite close to Raffles)… But the initial projects will be in the UK.
- Variety: Work with clients across industries including banking, telco, life-science and insurance.
- A great culture: Our team presented at the Service Design stream of the London Design Festival, and have an active extra curricular programme of attending meet-ups, exhibitions, lectures and cocktail bars.
You’ll also get annual membership to the London Design Museum to keep you inspired (its all part of our holistic approach to professional development at Virtusa).
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!