Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business. We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
About the role:
You'll join the OSP UX Central team, where we provide UX research expertise, leadership, consultancy and support to empower Product teams across different workstreams. Our work goes beyond conducting interesting UX research. We are on a continuous learning journey and educating others about their users.
Our team objective is to: Understand the people who will use our products deeply. You will be largely:
- Generating actionable insights to drive product direction.
- Build meaningful partnerships with our cross-functional teams.
- Educate our teams further about the impact of their work and how to maximise its value.
We are looking for an experienced researcher with solid skills in various qualitative research methods. The suitable candidates will be excellent communicators and knowledgeable about product development and design.
What we’re looking for:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to identify and prioritise experience gaps in the OSP and design research that uniquely contributes to solving those gaps.
- Design product-related hypotheses and lead studies that examine user behaviour.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Generate actionable insights that lead to advancing our range of products and features and delight our users
- Mentor less experienced researchers and keep updated with the latest trends and practices.
- Be comfortable working on ambiguous research areas, clarifying iteratively, and leading well-planned research initiatives and exciting insights.
- You'll join a global UX community at Ocado with approximately 60 UX Designers and UX Researchers spanning our development centres in the UK, Poland, Spain and Bulgaria. With teams all over Europe, we strive for diversity and a work environment where everyone feels welcomed
- As part of the OSP UX team, you'll work closely with UX, Product and Engineering colleagues in several Work Streams that span employee and shopper-facing systems connected to the Ocado Smart Platform.
- We also run regular community meetings to showcase our work and learn from each other.
What do I get in return:
- Flexible working patterns (split across London and Hatfield)
- 30 day work from anywhere policy (+remote working in the month of August)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- Share options
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection(can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance(3 x annual salary)
- Free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to our HQ