Senior Service Designer
Sketchin, for its team based in Milan, is looking for a Senior Service Designer. He/She works within an interdisciplinary design team to plan, visualise and define new user and service experiences.
Sketchin, for its team based in Milan, is looking for a Senior Service Designer. He/She works within an interdisciplinary design team to plan, visualise and define new user and service experiences, relying on a wide range of skills, from research design to experience and service design. He/She knows design research techniques and service design methodologies to mould the experience, services, systems and brands that the end-users live through products alongside clients and project stakeholders. As a team member, he/she should be able to handle projects at every stage of the lifecycle from the initial assessment and research phase to the final delivery. Sketchin is a seriously collaborative work environment, so a Senior Service Designer needs to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis, from copywriting to analytics to client services.
He/She also will mentor junior designers and help shape their skills and design perspective.
Sketchin headquarter is based in Switzerland, with outposts in Milan, Rome, and Madrid. Thus, you might work for clients around Europe and therefore, availability to carry out activities locally is required.We are an agile, plural and strategic design enterprise that shapes the future experience. Since 2006, we foster a world where people live experiences over their expectations. Our headquarter is based in Switzerland, with outposts in Milan, San Francisco, Rome, and Madrid.
- Plan and manage the design research activities (research strategy, ethnographic based user research, secondary research, UX research…) collaboratively with the team.
- Plan and execute system mapping, customer journeys, scenarios and service specifications.
- Analyse research data identifying and generating meaningful insights and behavioural patterns.
- Work closely with researchers, visual and user experience designers contributing to the improvement of the design quality and final user experience.
- Maintain trustworthy relationships with clients all around Europe and Latam, receiving acknowledgements during the whole product development lifecycle.
- Facilitate workshops with heterogeneous groups of clients and stakeholders.
- Define and structure deliverables consistent with project goals.
- Create presentations and design strategy documentations.
- Manage user research and service design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource, needs and schedules.
- Collaborate with product owners and leaders to drive product strategy and the development roadmap.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience designing complex service design systems for multiple touchpoints projects.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in service design, business design or a related design discipline.
- A background in visual and UX design will be considered as a plus.
- Full working proficiency in both Italian and English. Other languages will be considered as a plus.
- Strong knowledge of user-centred design processes and passionate about solving complex Service and UX challenges.
- Strong background in service and strategic design.
- Strong skills in conducting and synthesising research, insights and findings.
- Strong skills in structuring and visualising journey maps, service ideation, concept communication and specification.
- A hands-on Service Designer with skills in visual and interaction design as well.
- Excellent portfolio showcasing design solutions and strategic approaches.
- Ability to facilitate workshops, set design sprints and hold seminars and training sessions.
- Knowledge of agile approaches and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- A solid competency in storytelling and public speaking. You are comfortable explaining your ideas to client stakeholders and to ideate the best means to present your conceptual work.
- Love both strategy, service prototyping and hands-on UX.
- Attention to details and organisational approach.
- Ability to understand the impact of technology on design deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills.
- A love of collaboration and learning.
- A fearless and positive attitude.
Once applying for this position in Linkedin, please send your CV and portfolio to our hiring team at email@example.com, using as subject: “Senior Service Designer Milan - Name Surname”.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!