Sketchin, for its team based in Milan, is looking for a Senior Service Designer. He/She works within an interdisciplinary design team to plan, visualise and define new user and service experiences, relying on a wide range of skills, from research design to experience and service design. He/She knows design research techniques and service design methodologies to mould the experience, services, systems and brands that the end-users live through products alongside clients and project stakeholders. As a team member, he/she should be able to handle projects at every stage of the lifecycle from the initial assessment and research phase to the final delivery. Sketchin is a seriously collaborative work environment, so a Senior Service Designer needs to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis, from copywriting to analytics to client services.
He/She also will mentor junior designers and help shape their skills and design perspective.
Sketchin headquarter is based in Switzerland, with outposts in Milan, Rome, and Madrid. Thus, you might work for clients around Europe and therefore, availability to carry out activities locally is required.
We are an agile, plural and strategic design enterprise that shapes the future experience. Since 2006, we foster a world where people live experiences over their expectations. Our headquarter is based in Switzerland, with outposts in Milan, San Francisco, Rome, and Madrid.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience designing complex service design systems for multiple touchpoints projects.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in service design, business design or a related design discipline.
- A background in visual and UX design will be considered as a plus.
- Full working proficiency in both Italian and English. Other languages will be considered as a plus.
- Strong knowledge of user-centred design processes and passionate about solving complex Service and UX challenges.
- Strong background in service and strategic design.
- Strong skills in conducting and synthesising research, insights and findings.
- Strong skills in structuring and visualising journey maps, service ideation, concept communication and specification.
- A hands-on Service Designer with skills in visual and interaction design as well.
- Excellent portfolio showcasing design solutions and strategic approaches.
- Ability to facilitate workshops, set design sprints and hold seminars and training sessions.
- Knowledge of agile approaches and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- A solid competency in storytelling and public speaking. You are comfortable explaining your ideas to client stakeholders and to ideate the best means to present your conceptual work.
- Love both strategy, service prototyping and hands-on UX.
- Attention to details and organisational approach.
- Ability to understand the impact of technology on design deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills.
- A love of collaboration and learning.
- A fearless and positive attitude.
Once applying for this position in Linkedin, please send your CV and portfolio to our hiring team at email@example.com, using as subject: “Senior Service Designer Milan - Name Surname”.