As a Senior Service Designer in a multi-level team, you will also be mentoring and coaching our Service Designers, and you’ll be line managing up to two team members.
In your day-to-day role, you’ll be:
- working to understand our users' needs and contributing to the strategic direction of our services
- generating service ideas, models, and solutions that meet user needs and support commissioning
- planning and facilitating workshops that engage a range of people in the design process
- actively prototyping and testing design ideas, supporting and upskilling colleagues with the tools, methods and insight to enable them to support and engage with the design process.
- developing and coaching designers, line managing up to two team members and contributing to a positive, open and collaborative team culture
Please provide details in your cover letter to evidence the following essential criteria:
- Significant demonstrable experience leading service design activities and applying design methodologies and principles in complex scenarios (e.g. products, services or strategies) while navigating project requirements and constraints
- Experience in developing insights (from primary and secondary research) into design opportunities to create inclusive and accessible services
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively and pragmatically when considering different user needs and business constraints, as well as providing a constructive challenge in unfamiliar areas
- Strong people management skills, with experience in creating a working environment where staff are empowered and motivated to achieve good outcomes; equality, diversity, and inclusion are well managed; and dignity at work is upheld
We review and assess applications using the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), so when giving examples of your experience, please express them in the STAR format, focusing most on the actions you took to deliver a particular outcome.
If you would like to arrange an informal call with a Senior Service Designer at Citizens Advice to learn more about what the role involves and discuss your experience to work out whether you have the right skills for this role, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch with Maria Portugal firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a difference, every single day, to people from all walks of life? The people that turn to Citizens Advice need help overcoming an obstacle in their lives – from debt to evictions to trouble at work – and you can be key to them getting the support they need in the quickest, easiest, and most effective way.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is of strategic importance within the organisation and recognised as integral to all we do as a service.