Veryday is growing their team in NYC! Join a group of entrepreneurial creatives who are tackling design and innovation challenges in healthcare, business, and beyond. Learn more at www.veryday.com and take a look at the current available job positions :
- Senior Designer:
- Design Director:
Nice to Meet You
Veryday is one of the world’s top-ranking design consultancies, with an impressive track record that’s helped build successful businesses since 1969. We are strongly committed to people-driven innovation that enhances quality of life and makes every day a Veryday. Based on deep people insights, our team of 80+ design specialists creates innovative products and service solutions in the physical and digital worlds. Veryday has offices in Stockholm, New York and Dubai, and is represented in London and Shanghai.
What we are looking for:
Senior Designer (UX/Interaction) We are looking for an intuitive, curious and collaborative individual with a solid background in interaction design to join our Veryday New York team. We are a passionate group of individuals that work together to support our clients with expert innovation and the application of our main disciplines: people insight, design impact and business innovation. Our interdisciplinary teams work across multiple areas (including: product design, interaction and UX design, service design and visual design), and, in this role, you’ll participate in exhilarating projects for global clients, primarily in the healthcare industry. We offer a highly creative, focused, and caring work environment, and really love what we do.
What you’ll do as a Senior Designer
• Work with all teams including Design Strategists, Visual Designers and Developers, and Researchers ensure that all aspects of a user’s experience are managed.
• Conceptualize, develop, and track user experiences from early concepts to prototypes and specifications.
• Produce final design stories and annotated wireframes with clarity and precision.
• Evaluate the design of products and services for usefulness, attraction, usability, accessibility, credibility, and value.
• Ensure products and services fit client needs and adhere to all technical requirements.
• Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques.
• Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user requirement analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Work with agile build teams to help bring products to market.
Desired Skills and Experience
• A natural self-starter that keeps project momentum going and motivates team members.
• Experience across mobile and web; experience with convergent design and Internet of Things a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and storytelling skills.
• Ability to clearly and confidently present a story and explain design decisions internally and to clients.
• Responsible, punctual, and adept at managing tight deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, graphic design, human computer interaction or the equivalent.
• Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in design consultancy or in-house designer role
• Interest in healthcare design is a definite plus.
Design Director / New York
We’re looking for an inspirational leader with exceptional knowledge in human-centered and digital design processes to join our Veryday New York team. In this job you’ll participate in ever-changing projects for our clients worldwide – in industries that range from healthcare and education to finance and consumer electronics. With connected health as the main focus area of our New York office, experience or an interest in healthcare design is a definite plus.
At Veryday, you’ll join a passionate group of individuals that work together to bring an engaged perspective to our three main disciplines: people insight, design impact and business innovation. Our interdisciplinary teams work across product design, interaction and UX design, service design and visual design, and numerous business areas. We offer a highly creative, caring work environment and really love what we do.
What you’ll do as a Design Director at Veryday:
As Design Director, you’ll be the visionary product owner that interfaces with clients, designers and development teams. You’ll bring a depth of experience and practical expertise in service design and user experience to guide creative and strategic direction on new products in both the physical and digital space. In this leadership role, you’ll set methodologies and align client needs with teams curated around envisioned solutions. From beginning to completion of each program, you’ll manage internal teams and ensure that timelines and budgets remain on target. You’ll foster an energetic and supportive atmosphere that raises the bar for all individuals under your direction, and be instrumental in furthering business development and overall organizational goals. Key areas of responsibility for your role will be to:
• Coordinate programs
Head programs in accordance with relevant internal standard operating procedures. Coordinate project resources and communicate goals, deliverables, schedules and details of value to project members. Lead start-up and post-delivery meetings.
• Lead, manage and mentor teams
Collaboratively define program scope and deliverables. Ensure that teams deliver accurate and qualitative solutions according to design briefs and specifications. Ensure that teams are aware of, and consider, sustainable solutions in cooperation with our clients. Motivate and engage each individual and team.
• Strategically partner with clients
Partner with clients to better understand their goals and metrics of success. Serve as key client contact throughout programs to ensure client needs are being met.
• Support Veryday’s business development and communication teams
Collaborate with our business development team to manage and extend client relationships and create new business. Plan and quote new projects. Educate internally and externally. Share knowledge and experience with in-house teams. Participate in conferences and events.
Skills, competencies and characteristics you’ll bring to your role as Design Director:
• Proven, impeccable history of managing and directing interdisciplinary teams on complex multi-location programs.
• Excel at coordinating deliverables, schedules, resources and teams.
• Deep understanding of product design and processes, brand strategy and digital development.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills.
• 7 to 10 years of professional experience in a design or strategy consultancy.
• 5+ years of program leadership experience.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in industrial design, design strategy, design management or the equivalent.
Becoming a part of Veryday:
Our office is located in Manhattan but our reach is global. You’ll work with a dynamic mix of teamates from around the world.Our work is intense, demanding, and extremely rewarding. Occasional travel may be required for research activities and client meetings.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, cover letter and salary requirements to https://veryday.workable.com Ideally, you’ll provide examples of achievements that show your role in projects and how you bring value to the process and the final results.
We look forward to hearing from you.