About the role
As a Spotless consultant, you will be working across our range of clients championing the human-centered and Design Thinking process.
Day-to-day you will be supporting project leads on design and research tasks such as exploratory research, co-creation and prototyping, as well as stakeholder engagement and project management.
With a heritage in research, we expect a candidate who is equally excited about design research. You will have a deep interest in supporting and conducting qualitative research including ethnographic studies, contextual inquiry, one-to-one interviews, service safaris, and heuristic analysis. You will use your strong communication skills to present customer insights and strategy documentation such as customer journey maps, storyboards, personas, business canvas models and touchpoint maps.
What you’ll do
- Support senior consultants and project leads with conducting design research, insight reporting, workshop facilitation, ideation and prototyping, and usability testing
- Working directly with clients to involve them openly in your processes, responding to feedback and championing the needs of users throughout the project
- Continually evaluate and improve Spotless methods and processes to ensure we are always offering the best solution to clients and their customers
- Contribute to internal projects, writing articles and blog posts on relevant service design topics within sectors of interest
- Attend at least 1 service design event every quarter to keep up to date with the latest trends and methodologies
Who you are
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience with a range of service design methods and tools, e.g. experience mapping, service blueprints and ecosystems, concept prioritisation and roadmaps, persona development, scenario storytelling.
- Be able to demonstrate experience with implementing research methodology; ethnography, contextual interviews, and focus groups.
- Be comfortable planning, and conducting ideation sessions and workshops leveraging design thinking methods.
- Have the ability to develop hypotheses, research synthesis, idea generation, and refinements.
- Hold excellent communication skills with the ability to create and deliver clear and engaging presentations and proposals.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and across multiple design disciplines.
- Show a portfolio you’re proud of that demonstrates strong visual communication skills and the ability to present insights and design concepts.
- Have some Service Design or UX Design experience in an established digital agency and/or hands-on industry experience.
- Hold a degree in Design, Psychology or equivalent.
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA healthcare
- Virgin gym membership
- 25 days holiday per year
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated
- Annual training budget to attend conferences
NB! Unfortunately, at this time, we can only accept applications from UK residents or those who hold the right to work in the UK.
How do you apply for the role?
Please submit a portfolio of writing / visual design and a cover letter to email@example.com.
No recruiters please.
Our application process consists of 3 steps:
- Initial interview
- Second interview
- Meet the team
Application deadline: 7th of May 2019
First round of interviews will run between 13th and 17th of May.