About Digital Services in Laerdal
We are entering a digital-first world, where customers expect to be served in their digital channel of choice, often in real time, throughout their Laerdal journey. To meet these expectations, we are focusing our digital product development efforts to achieve better alignment, maximized synergies, quicker time to market, and most of all, a connected portfolio of product and service offerings. This requires strong leadership from all disciplines, and we are looking for a Lead Service Designer to join our team through this transformation.
We have strategic ambitions to connect our various digital products and service offerings into a cohesive and personalized experience for our customers. We have taken the first small steps and want you to join us to make the next big leap together.
As a Lead Service Designer your key responsibilities will be driving strategic design visions for Laerdal Services – this might mean driving explorations to establish roadmaps, developing validations to support launch activities, or defining digital concepts for the digital building blocks of the platform.
- Support business leadership manage service design work to meet our strategic objectives
- Develop propositions for new projects based on strategy / research / customer needs
- Frame design projects
- Develop project plans for the stages where design is the core element of the process (e.g. research project timeline & planning)
- Develop user research strategies, and conduct research
- Synthesize & deliver insights, with storytelling skills
- Communicate directions, design visions, concepts visually with key stakeholders and to the overall business
- Oversee and lead the design visions and designs of development phase of digital innovation by supporting the designers on your team
- Drive the communication and interaction between the various teams and design leads to ensure a smooth user journey across product lines, and other business units
- Drive design reviews with designers embedded in the various parts of the process to ensure alignment
You are a leader who enjoys setting the bar high, working in a fast-paced environment and lead designers to deliver products and services that challenge the status quo and move us in the right direction.
- Master’s degree in design or related field – human factors, interaction design, product design, service design, etc.
- 5+ years of work experience, in a relevant design position – as Design Lead / Service Designer / UX designer
- Experience in working in a cross functional, cross disciplinary product / service company
- Experience with agile software methodologies and scrum frameworks and lean design principles
- Lives and breathes design thinking, and has a proven track record of working across the various stages of the design process (from discovery, to needs identification, framing, value proposition testing, conceptualization, prototyping, high-quality product delivery, product after-care & optimization, as well as road-map delivery)
- Ability to think in a systemic level, and to oversee eco-systems, and their relationships
- Balanced understanding of the business needs and customer needs
- The ability to foresee trends, understand market shifts and strategically shape innovation / improvement projects
- Experience in broader scale service design projects (from discovery to implementation) and a god understanding of relevant tools and methodologies used by service designers
- Experience in facilitation of the process / workshops
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An enthusiastic personality and an ambassador for the needs of the customer
- Self-organizing / self-starter mentality
Laerdal is a multinational organization, with a global reach. Continuous user research across various customers and countries is therefore an expected part of the job and hence it is required that the job holder can travel and self-organize customer and country visits appr. 20% of the time. The position is located in Stavanger, Norway.
Apply by sending your CV and your portfolio of relevant projects and Cover letter by the 17th of October, 2021.