You know how to navigate the cultural, social and political aspects of organisations, and are adept at working across organisational boundaries and disciplines to bring relevant stakeholders in. You are knowledgeable about organisational design principles and customer experience transformation.
You lead on or participate in business development and internal innovation and improvement initiatives, contributing to the overall success of our clients, our people and our business.
This role directly shapes and influences our internal culture, fostering a collaborative working environment, mentoring and coaching more junior staff, and setting an example of what good live/work balance looks like.
- The salary range for this role starts at £85,000 per year for 5 days/week
- 25 days holiday + UK bank holidays; with the option to buy more holidays
- Participation in pension scheme (Livework will match up to 7% of employee contributions); salary sacrifice option available
- Participation in annual profit-sharing bonus scheme; amount based on company and London performance vs. targets.
- Continuous learning – 5 days + £500 of individual personal development funding per annum; and participation in internal and external events and conferences.
- Live/work balance – flexible working hours and work from home based on the needs of the role. We currently don’t have a fixed studio in London. We’re working on an ongoing experiment where everyone works from home for now, and we’re prototyping what a future space might look like for us.
- Time compensation – On the very rare occasion you need to work on a red day, you’ll be reimbursed hour for hour; you’ll also be compensated for other irregular or excessive overtime working. Again we would like to stress this is rare. No organisation is perfect and emergencies happen. But you will be paid for your time.
- Purpose – work for a company with a core purpose that is regenerative, not exploitative/extractive. We care about humans and this planet and our work focuses on making things better for both. We believe that value can be measured in ways beyond financial returns.
- International community – work with some of the best designers, agencies and clients around the world, on exciting cases.
- Growing, independent organisation – you will get to influence the way things get done around here and have a direct impact on our future.
- Have fun – one of our core values is making a productive workplace equally as fun.
- Spend time with great people – work with some inspirational design leaders and interesting and value-aligned people (nerds).
- Experienced in working on business transformation programmes and collaborating in multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven track record using service design to drive customer experience improvement, innovation, and organisational change.
- Ability to balance client demands while safeguarding the team’s wellbeing.
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, or line managing more junior staff.
- Knowledgeable about the organisational implications of achieving customer-centricity.
- Experience working within organisations to achieve cultural change.
- Passionate about delivering better outcomes for our clients through design.
- Keen to build long term relationships with our clients.
- Self-directed and flexible, adapting to changing demands.
- Highly collaborative, able to work across disciplines, and happy to work independently too.
- Excellent spoken, written and visual communication skills.
- The inevitable
- Fluent in English.
- Living and working in the UK, with the ability to travel into London as needed for client and team events. We are able to sponsor individuals who are willing to relocate to London for this role.
A bit about us
We’re 70+ people worldwide, with a clear mission to improve society and business through service design.
We’re a growing organisation, working internationally from locations in Rotterdam, London and Sao Paulo. We’re proud of the work we do, which aims to put human needs that are sustainable at the heart of organisations.
In London, we work for clients like JPMorgan, Girl Guiding, Nesta Challenges, Parliamentary Digital Services, the NHS, The Wellcome Trust… and even an international producer of horseshoes! Diversity of cases is one of the great benefits of being a Liveworker.
Behaviours we value
- Respectful, learning and sharing: Respect for all people is at the heart of what we do. At Livework, we believe that everyone has a lot to teach and even more to learn. We will expect you to display respect for others, to seek to learn from your peers, our clients and the wider world and to share what you know openly.
- Service-minded and design results-driven: Services are at our core. We believe that seeing the service in everything is illuminating – we look for that passion for services in our team. We also believe that design drives real change when we focus on achieving outcomes for our clients and their customers.
- Humble, bold, empathetic and inclusive: We balance being humble and bold and hope you do too. We encourage our team to be bold in their convictions, but humble towards the experiences and opinions of others. We expect you to embrace and value all kinds of perspectives and views, and be outspoken and candid. In turn, we commit to creating a safe and transparent workplace in which you can be yourself and explore your full potential.
- Optimistic, committed with live/work balance: Optimism is part of our culture. We find opportunities, ideas and solutions for making things better, and infect others with positivity. A key to our culture is a good live/work balance. We work hard but ensure that we are healthy and have a life outside work that enriches us. We look for people who get the balance right and love both.
Your next steps
Follow the link below to apply, upload your CV, and answer a few brief questions.
Why do we ask questions? CVs are interesting, but they aren’t very good at demonstrating individual ability. As part of your application, we’d like you to answer a few questions alongside uploading your CV. We’ll use your answers to these questions in our initial review of the candidates, before inviting you for an interview.
These questions are not something you need to study for. It’s not an exam. They should be questions you can answer naturally because they’re about you, your perspective, and your experience.
The closing date for this role is 13th June 2022.
You will hear from us!