Intern at Service Design Network
Want to work for the largest network of service design professionals in the world? Become part of our team and help us produce great publications and organise remarkable local and global events for the service design community.
The Service Design Network is looking for an outgoing, self-motivated and independent Intern to help us produce great publications and organise remarkable local and global events for the service design community. This diverse role involves a mix of computer-based tasks and practical hands-on duties. Our office is based in Cologne, Germany. There may be some out-of-office duties during SDN events.
We are open to applications from all over the world. However, in order to be eligible for an internship at SDN, this needs to be a mandatory part of your academic studies. A proof of the mandatory character of the internship from your University and your study certificate should be provided with your application. You will also need to provide a valid work-permit for Germany.
- Support promotion and distribution of Service Design Network publications
- Support with Service Design events concepts, communication and delivery
- Support the SDN Global Conference
- Communicate activities and report to Publications Manager and Event Manager
- Very good communication and organisational skills
- attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- creative skills to generate new ideas and a knack for problem-solving
- the abilities to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple priorities
- basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- basic presentations skills with Keynote/Powerpoint
- Background in Design, Marketing, PR or related field is preferred.
- You are highly reliable and work independently with minimal supervision
- You are able to maintain an overview while switching between different projects and responsibilities
- You are a team player and willing to support your colleagues with other projects in peak times
- You are a positive person who is willing to share ideas and opinions, and isn’t afraid of critique and compromise
- You are interested in service design and related disciplines.
- You will have the opportunity to proactively shape the future of a growing international organisation by enhancing our offerings with your support.
- An internship at SDN is a great opportunity to get to know the international community and the broad variety of projects.
- As an intern you will have a couple of key-responsibilities- but you will also have flexible time to get an overview or work on a self initiated project.
- The internship is limited to three month.
- 40 weekly working hours – breaks not included.
- The monthly salary is 500 Euro. You will have basic insurance.
- You have 2,5 days of holiday each month.
- Your desk would be at the headquarter of SDN (Josephstraße 33, 50678 Cologne Germany).
- You will work in an open-minded multi-national team of motivated young professionals. The HQ team office language is English.
The next hiring date will be October.
Applications need to be sent by August 31st.
If you are interested please send your your application to Birgit Mager at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Motivation-letter explaining why you are the perfect match for this position
- Certificate of Studies
- Proof of mandatory character of internship from your University
- Dates of availability for the internship
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
And if you need any additional information please let us know.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!