The Service Design Network is looking for an outgoing, self-motivated and independent Intern to help us produce great publications and organise remarkable local and global events for the service design community. This diverse role involves a mix of computer-based tasks and practical hands-on duties. Our office is based in Cologne, Germany. There may be some out-of-office duties during SDN events.
We are open to applications from all over the world. However, in order to be eligible for an internship at SDN, this needs to be a mandatory part of your academic studies. A proof of the mandatory character of the internship from your University and your study certificate should be provided with your application. You will also need to provide a valid work-permit for Germany.
- Support promotion and distribution of Service Design Network publications
- Support with Service Design events concepts, communication and delivery
- Support the SDN Global Conference
- Communicate activities and report to Publications Manager and Event Manager
- Very good communication and organisational skills
- attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- creative skills to generate new ideas and a knack for problem-solving
- the abilities to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple priorities
- basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- basic presentations skills with Keynote/Powerpoint
- Background in Design, Marketing, PR or related field is preferred.
- You are highly reliable and work independently with minimal supervision
- You are able to maintain an overview while switching between different projects and responsibilities
- You are a team player and willing to support your colleagues with other projects in peak times
- You are a positive person who is willing to share ideas and opinions, and isn’t afraid of critique and compromise
- You are interested in service design and related disciplines.
- You will have the opportunity to proactively shape the future of a growing international organisation by enhancing our offerings with your support.
- An internship at SDN is a great opportunity to get to know the international community and the broad variety of projects.
- As an intern you will have a couple of key-responsibilities- but you will also have flexible time to get an overview or work on a self initiated project.
- The internship is limited to three month.
- 40 weekly working hours – breaks not included.
- The monthly salary is 500 Euro. You will have basic insurance.
- You have 2,5 days of holiday each month.
- Your desk would be at the headquarter of SDN (Josephstraße 33, 50678 Cologne Germany).
- You will work in an open-minded multi-national team of motivated young professionals. The HQ team office language is English.
This internship position is open every 3 months.
The next internship period will be July-October. For this period, please apply by 31 June 2019.
If you are interested please send your application via email@example.com including:
- Motivation-letter explaining why you are the perfect match for this position
- Certificate of Studies
- Proof of mandatory character of internship from your University
- Dates of availability for the internship
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
And if you need any additional information please let us know.