The Manager of Customer Experience Design will lead a team of designers and be responsible to lead CX improvement initiatives using human-centered, design thinking methodologies. This is a role focused on holistic, omni-channel experience design from concept to production. This CX Design Manager will be responsible for leading internal project teams and cross-functional “design sprint” teams to improve every stage of the end-to-end customer lifecycle. This role requires hands-on strategy formulation, sprint design and facilitation, journey and concept design, qualitative research and partnering on implementation.
Primary Job Functions:
- Customer Experience Design - Hands-on experience designing holistic, omni-channel consumer and service delivery ecosystem designs.
- Ability to transform tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert.
- Ability to execute visual, information, interaction, and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers.
- Ability to communicate the initiative and product to others (Business Partners) through consumer journeys, storyboards, ecosystem and service designs, prototypes, wireframes, infographics and other materials.
- Fast Paced Innovator – You are able to prototype rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity (physical, digital, low and hi-fidelity, tangible and conceptual).
- The ability to translate insight and strategy into concept prototypes and communicate your vision through your artifacts.
- Creative use of technology and alternative approaches.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, and ability to do so quickly, on the job.
- Appreciation of high quality visual design, innovative technology, marketing strategy, business strategy, as well as business analysis and quality assurance disciplines.
- Design Research – Seasoned in fast-paced design research.
- Ability to conduct and/or partner on consumer studies and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience.
- Capable of establishing research methods and strategies with our market research team.
- Ability to discover customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, generative and quantitative research, and identify solutions to meet those needs.
- Consulting and Mentoring – Ability to teach teams and partners experience and human-centered design techniques to improve their every-day processes.
- Storytelling and Concept Selling - Strength in using storytelling to share your discoveries, influence business partners and create energy around an idea or an initiative.
- Ability to pitch concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling way to obtain buy-in and/or funding.
- Consumer Obsessed – The ability to build consumer empathy in business partners and emotionally connect to the lives and realities of the people we serve.
- Advocating for our customers at all times.
- Experience in designing and conducting Customer Experience Immersions.
- Approachable, Kind and Considerate Working Style - Care about the well-being of your partners, team members, and leaders.
- Seek the good in people first and help move projects along gracefully.
- Bach./MFA in Design or Masters in Design preferred (Design Thinking, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Information Science or HCI, Design, Design Strategy, Design Planning, Design Research, or related field)
- Start-up environment experience (optional)
- Project leadership
- Basic coding and editing for digital prototypes and concept exploration (optional)
- A background working with Operations for the implementation of designs