Head of Bachelor Design Management
The Lucerne School of Art and Design offers degree courses which are unique in Switzerland, and, in the realm of art and design research, provides creative focal points in art, design and film. Thanks to national and international networking, high-calibre staff, well-equipped workshops and spacious studios, the School offers an environment with a wealth of opportunities for development. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1600-plus staff and 10,800 or so degree and continuing education students.
The bachelor's degree in Design Management, International is an English-language programme with an international reputation
and a forward-looking curriculum featuring the specialisations Product Design Management and Communication
As of 1 March 2019 or by arrangement we are seeking a
Head of Bachelor Design Management, International (DMI) (80% to 100% FTE)
- Technical, staff-related and organisational leadership of the DMI specialisation
- Teaching, and supervision of project assignments and bachelor's theses
- Fostering national and international contacts with the industry and universities
- Developing the curriculum
- Student acquisition in cooperation with the Marketing & Communication department
- The pursuit of research activities and a leadership role in continuing education programmes would be desirable
- Relevant or related university degree, ideally with a doctorate
- In-depth knowledge of current discourses in and around design management
- Many years of internationally oriented, practical experience and an active national and international network of contacts
in the industry
- Teaching experience at universities; a diploma in university didactics is desirable
- Research experience in the field with publications would be an advantage
- Excellent proficiency in German and English
- Management and leadership qualifications
What we offer
An attractive position with immense creative freedom and the possibility of a professorship.
Further information from Martin Wiedmer, Vice Dean, T +41 41 248 64 30, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.hslu.ch/design-kunst.
Deadline for applications: 26 November 2018.
We look forward to your online application.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!