The bachelor's degree in Design Management, International is an English-language programme with an international reputation
and a forward-looking curriculum featuring the specialisations Product Design Management and Communication
As of 1 March 2019 or by arrangement we are seeking a
Head of Bachelor Design Management, International (DMI) (80% to 100% FTE)
- Technical, staff-related and organisational leadership of the DMI specialisation
- Teaching, and supervision of project assignments and bachelor's theses
- Fostering national and international contacts with the industry and universities
- Developing the curriculum
- Student acquisition in cooperation with the Marketing & Communication department
- The pursuit of research activities and a leadership role in continuing education programmes would be desirable
- Relevant or related university degree, ideally with a doctorate
- In-depth knowledge of current discourses in and around design management
- Many years of internationally oriented, practical experience and an active national and international network of contacts
in the industry
- Teaching experience at universities; a diploma in university didactics is desirable
- Research experience in the field with publications would be an advantage
- Excellent proficiency in German and English
- Management and leadership qualifications
What we offer
An attractive position with immense creative freedom and the possibility of a professorship.
Further information from Martin Wiedmer, Vice Dean, T +41 41 248 64 30, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.hslu.ch/design-kunst.
Deadline for applications: 26 November 2018.
We look forward to your online application.