Announcement: Global Chapter Team Members Opening
The Service Design Network seeks Global Chapter Team (GCT) members to join the group as a means to widen the representation of SDN chapters around the world.
The mission of the GCT is to:
- support chapters to ensure alignment of their vision and goals with the global SDN mission
- facilitate local communities in becoming self-sustaining
- act as a link between chapter communities and the worldwide network.
GCT members act as a voice within the chapter community, assisting the team in making decisions that support and guide other chapters. This is an honorary (non-paid) position, with a minimum term of two years. This position can be based anywhere in the world.
- Supporting the GCT strategy and objectives by taking responsibility for 1-3 annual projects
- Supporting Chapter Manager in reviewing chapter applications and to provide regional chapter guidance
- Participation in the SDGC workshops, bi-annual chapters’ online meetings and bi-monthly GCT Skype calls
- Evaluating chapter success as a member of the Chapter Award jury
- Promoting the SDN and chapters locally, during events, on social media and via any other appropriate vehicles
- 1-2 hour(s) per week time investment
- Attendance during global and regional events
- Initiating Chapter events when relevant
- Proficient English
- Experience in running chapter activities
- Be an active SDN member
- Shape the direction of our global chapter community
- Access to chapters from around the world and take advantage of important networking opportunities
- Enhances visibility within the broader SDN community
- First-hand insights from the SDN headquarters regarding future plans/activities
- Complimentary attendance to the SDN global conference
- Utilise your committee member status to promote your role as an industry expert to potential new business partners/opportunities
We foster creativity, embrace open-mindedness and work tirelessly in pursuit of a world where service design is adopted as the new normal.
Please send your application to GCT Principal - Tarja Chydenius (Tarja.Chydenius@laurea.fi) by January 15, 2020.