A reminder of our vision
The Swiss Service Design community of the SDN wants to do two things:
- Put Service Design on the map of Switzerland
- Put Switzerland on the map of Switzerland
In 2023, we made some big steps on the second aspect. In 2024 we'll start working more strategically on the first element while keeping on pushing on the second one.
What we achieved as a community
Here are a few numbers of the successes we had this year as a community:
- 1 Report published about the state of Service Design in Switzerland
- Restarted the community with 4 leadership members (Sabine, Florian, Biliana and Daniele)
- The events were rated in average 4.8/5 by the people who attended them and shared their feedback.
- 13 events in 11 months
- Edited and posted 56 videos on the new YouTube channel
- Published a database of 134 historical eventsrelated to Service Design in Switzerland
- Started the LinkedIn page and attracted 380+ followers
- The event with the most registrations has 442 people
- Grown the newsletter from about 200 people to 1381 people
Where I failed
Not all went well, here are a few of the elements where I didn’t manage to turn the ideas, wishes or prototypes into something that is really working well. Each failed prototype is something that I, Daniele, take personal responsibility for as I lead these different initiatives.
- Discussion Board
- In between events community:
- Cohesive core team
- Getting more volunteers engaged
- Profiles of Swiss Service Designers
- Collaboration with agencies
What’s happening next year
- Study: We’re working on a study about the best services of Switzerland that should come out in the first quarter
- Conference: We’re working on a half-day hybrid conference in Sierre with the HES-SO on June 1st to celebrate the international Service Design day.
- Webinars: We’re gonna continue with the ryhtm of 1 event per month
- Tool demos: We’re gonna try to have a few bonus events where we do tools demos as we did with Theydo as the community found that really useful and it’s the event that had the most registrations.
Thanks to Sabine Junginger, Florian Egger,Biliana Vassileva for their trust and for making it possible to relaunch this community in 2023!
Thanks also to all of you who attended the events!
Thanks to all the guests who shared their knowledge, time and passion for our little community:
- Thanks Joe Macleod
- Thanks Kevin Richard
- Thanks Krasi Bozhinkova
- Thanks Daiana Zavate
- Thanks Eliya Maria Pagelli
- Thanks David Haas
- Thanks Klaus Marek
- Thanks Romain Pittet
- Thanks Marc Fonteijn
- Thanks Emmanuel Fragnière
- Thanks Jochem van der Veer
- Thanks Pascal Wicht
- Thanks Vanessa Monstein
- Thanks Ana Lorena Lodeiros Velasquez
- Thanks Karolina Pelaez
- Thanks Marc Stickdorn
And thanks to all the volunteers who worked in the backstage on the reports, the event organization, the job tracking, etc.
- Thanks Marta Angelillis for the tracking of jobs
- Thanks Marco Pizarro de Olazábal for the analysis of the report
- Thanks Trixy Basu for the proofreading
- Thanks Darija Catipovic for the social media posts
- Thanks W Lincoln Neiger for the workshop facilitation
Thanks to Peter Horvath for helping and facilitating a smooth transition for the relaunch of the community.
A special thank you goes to:
Emmanuel Fragnière who during this journey boosted my enthusiasm through his leadership by excitement. You made a huge difference mate!
Time invested to manage the community