For us, service design is a characteristic attitude towards solving the wicked problems of today and creating great experiences for people. These endeavors are complex and require people from various backgrounds to collaborate. They may have different skill-sets, but are guided by the same design principles: human-centered, holistic, co-creative and iterative.
Aims of SDN Germany:
- To go wide, go out, create awareness and hunger for service design in the private sector, the public sector and among people in general.
- To go deep, strengthen the community behind it - by learning from each other, learning with each other, inspire and collaborate.
- To showcase the work of the service design network for one part, while simultaneously expanding its substance with new insights, formats and expertise.
- We want to apply service design principles on our working and develop this chapter by focusing on human needs and developing and testing concepts iteratively:
- We want to present practical expertise, and combine it with academic insights.
- We believe that working in regional clusters works best to get in contact, facilitate conversations and become a platform for Germany service designecosystem. And we believe that we can interact across Germany by exploiting today's digital tools.
- Most importantly: we want to create something that is relevant for you, and are thus open for collaborators from various fields, for ideas for formats and questions to pursue and for collaborations with other communities or networks.
The German Chapter Co-Founding Team agrees in rethinking the National Chapters’ structures and organizational idea by human-centered, holistic, co-creative and iterative design principles: Service Design Methodology. Nevertheless we also focus on first outcomes as e.g. Publications and Events in 2018 to create awareness of the German Chapter.