With the revitalisation of SDN Germany Chapter, new insights can be brought to the German service design community. More importantly, those who are interested in service design can come together to raise public awareness of how service design has the capacity to impact academia, the public sector and private businesses.
For us, service design is a characteristic attitude towards solving the wicked problems of today and creating great experiences for people. These endeavors are complex and require people from various backgrounds to collaborate. They may have different skill-sets, but are guided by the same design principles: human-centered, holistic, co-creative and iterative.
Aims of SDN Germany:
- To go wide, go out, create awareness and hunger for service design in the private sector, the public sector and among people in general.
- To go deep, strengthen the community behind it - by learning from each other, learning with each other, inspire and collaborate.
- To showcase the work of the service design network for one part, while simultaneously expanding its substance with new insights, formats and expertise.
- We want to apply service design principles on our working and develop this chapter by focusing on human needs and developing and testing concepts iteratively:
- We want to present practical expertise, and combine it with academic insights.
- We believe that working in regional clusters works best to get in contact, facilitate conversations and become a platform for Germany service designecosystem. And we believe that we can interact across Germany by exploiting today's digital tools.
- Most importantly: we want to create something that is relevant for you, and are thus open for collaborators from various fields, for ideas for formats and questions to pursue and for collaborations with other communities or networks.
The German Chapter Co-Founding Team agrees in rethinking the National Chapters’ structures and organizational idea by human-centered, holistic, co-creative and iterative design principles: Service Design Methodology. Nevertheless we also focus on first outcomes as e.g. Publications and Events in 2018 to create awareness of the German Chapter.
Juliane is a business innovation consultant, systemich coach and service designer working with political organisations, NGOs and entrepreneurs. As well she is working as a personal coach for people with business and life issues.
My passion is to create meaningful experiences and innovative, socially responsible service strategies. With a background in industrial design and a PhD in service design strategy and playful customer experience my goal is, like many other designers, to try my best for a more happy, for a more beautiful world, and in every new project I feel once more how much I enjoy this job.
Service Design is both a mindset and a method helping brands and organizations to come alive. More and more hidden champions start to realize that service based value creation becomes key. With Service Design we empower companies to exploit their service related potential. And this way we even contribute to the agility of their teams and organizations.
Motivated to exchange knowledge; make service design more popular and spark interest in applying service design methods.
I am a senior digital strategist & business transformation expert. I have long standing experience in strategy consulting, corporate development, innovation and design. Having been both a founder and a senior executive, my expertise ranges from start-ups to global brands, mainly in the mobility, automotive and insurance industries. Using Service design for business transformations at corporates. Exploring the blurring borders between design and business consulting and how it is reflectd by consultanies and agencies. I am mixing both worlds, e.g. used DT methods for business modelling and at hackathons, did strategy development and business model innovation for consultancies and design agencies and was co-organizer of the "Business Design Jam" during the Munich Creative Business Week (MCBW)