June 30th saw the first SDN UK National Conference take place in London, at The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). Hosted by the UK Chapter, the conference was an exciting opportunity to bring the SDN to the UK, where there is so much service design activity and application.
‘Impact’ was the theme for the conference, which was broken down into three parallel strands: Society Impact, Commercial Impact and Future Impact. Speakers provided a very broad range of provocations, cases and discussions to over 160 participants.
You can also check out all the presentations online, using these links.
- How to scale service design in government // Louise Downe
- Trends in policy and service design // Paul Thurston
- The proof is in your people // James Samperi & Emma Watkins
- How to get triple impact in your next service design project // Joel Bailey
- Managing by design // Dr. Nick de Leon
- Why experimentation is the new target operation model // Mark Priestly
- The last mile // Toby Norman & Nate Giraitis
The conversations are continuing on Twitter and Linkedin, so why not take a look and join in? #SDNUK16 @sdn_uk