As members of the Service Design Network, you’ll all know the benefit of being part of a community of people who are passionate about Service Design. So do we, and that’s why we’re thrilled to let you know that the Service Design Fringe Festival is back for its fourth year - and it’s just around the corner.
16th-24th September will see London taken over by service design workshops, events, talks and parties as part of the Service Design Fringe Festival. It’s a brilliant nine days, with an electrifying atmosphere, in which Service Design takes centre stage in the London design scene. We’ll be taking over offices and venues across the city with our many partners. This year we’re expecting 1500 Service Design enthusiasts to attend up to 50 different events throughout the festival. And because we believe you can’t put a price on community, it’s free to attend. Come one, come all, we say.
There’s not just one way you can be involved in the festival. We’re speaking to lots of companies every week to find out how best they can fit into making this the biggest and best Service Design Fringe Festival yet. So we thought we’d break down the options for you because we’d love for you to play your part in it too.
Be our guest! Come along, for free, to the festival any day you fancy and enjoy:
- Problem-solving some of the challenges the industry faces
- Meeting and mingling with other people who are passionate about service design, just like you
- Learning from industry experts from different companies; everything from ethics in service design to service applications of AI
- Fun! We’re hosting a kick-off party for our guests to get to know each other better and make new contacts and friends in the service design industry
- Goodie bags, merchandise and treats - it may be free but we like to treat our guests!
The events our partners put on make up the bread-and-butter of the festival, which is why now is such an exciting time for us as we’re working with Hosts to help them design and organise their events. If you’re a service designer and you think your company would like to host an event with us, there’s still time to get your application in - until the 7th August. Once you’ve applied, we’d love you to come along to one of our Be Part Of It! workshops, when our fantastic team will gather with Hosts to help them think through and create their events. If this sounds like it could be for you, we’d love to receive your application.
We work closely with our sponsors to make sure that they take something really valuable away from supporting the Service Design Fringe Festival. We count ourselves lucky to have been sponsored by organisations that really care about service design and contributing to the community, as that’s exactly why we run the festival in the first place.
Sponsorship comes in all shapes and sizes, ensuring there’s something for everyone; from the start-up service design agencies to the larger corporations out there. What’s more, you’ll be getting your company name out in front of 1500 service designers and companies, which does wonders for brand recognition.
Then of course there’s that warm glow that comes from being part of something community-focused and positive. If you’d like to know more about supporting the festival and the valuable contribution you could make, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to see the Service Design Fringe Festival from the inside and directly have a hand in its impact, then why not come and work with us? We have three open roles:
- Social Media Sweetie: be our social media darling and help us get the word out, stay engaged with our followers and help promote our sponsors
- Captain of Ambassador Army: it really does take an army (of volunteers) to keep the Service Design Fringe Festival running just how we like it. We will need a strong leader for our people army, and that’s where the Captain of the Ambassador Army comes in
- A print designer for our programme flyer - get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Also, if you’re interested in being part of the Ambassador Army and think you could give some of your hours to the festival to make it all run shipshape and bristol fashion, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply here.
We can’t wait to kick-off the festival. If you’d like to be involved but don’t quite fit into any of the above categories, still get in touch - we’d love to hear from you. And we look forward to seeing lots of you in September for when service design gets some much-deserved limelight!
The SDFF Team