- When building in-house design teams - Find support in the organisation.
- Work in agile teams - Designers and developers work together and find a shared understanding.
- Culture is key - Develop a culture where failure is accepted.
- It is important to set the constraints right.
- The most common definition of disruptive innovation is: “A disruptive innovation is an innovation that creates a new market and value network and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network, displacing established market leaders and alliances.” Harvard Business School professor Clayton M. Christensen, 1995.
- In an academic sense, disruption and radical innovation is the same.
- The difference between incremental innovation and disruption is more tricky. Normally it is described as either the one or the other. Onarheim likes to see it as when making innovation you operate on a scale where one endpoint is incremental innovation and the other disruption.
Service Design Global Conference 2020 - Call for Speakers
The Service Design Global Conference is the community's annual highlight attracts more than 800 thinkers, doers, and leaders to come together, network and exchange ideas. For the 13th edition in Denmark's beautiful capital, we are looking for inspiring people to share their insights on how the field of service design is evolving to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow, with the intent to shape businesses, communities, and the planet, with design.