Developing Service Design in Belgium
It is still early days for service design in Belgium:
- Governmental institutions are often ahead of commercial organizations.
- The discipline is not really embedded in education yet.
- There is little shared vocabulary between customers and practitioners.
- The holistic approach of service design often fails to result in design interventions, because of the complexity it involves.
How our chapter wants to contribute
The Belgian SDN chapter wants to:
- Combine academic and practitioner experience.
- Raise awareness about the role of service design in a service-based economy and society as a whole, and show real results that prove the benefits.
- Promote cross-fertilization of service design, UX design, product design, interior design, behavioral design, business design, urban planning.
- Serve as a touchpoint for other chapters and service design enthusiasts around the globe.