We are on the lookout for an entry-level Visual Designer to join our team who is an enthusiastic, hardworking person with attention to detail. You will work closely with the team to create design deliverables across both digital and print, as well as branded templates for the company and our clients.
As our Visual Designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, infographics, colour, layout and texture. You will be involved in internal and live client work, working alongside our consultants to help create the best work possible. You will have a passion to produce the best experience for the user, irrespective of channel or device.
Your role activities will be dependent on project, client and internal initiatives but, typically they will include:
- Supporting business development through designing pitches and presentations
- Developing our new brand and applying it across different templates, case studies and deliverables
- Creating presentations and reports, personas, user journeys, touchpoint maps, wireframes, sitemaps, content audits and style guides
- Participating in design and strategy workshops and contributing ideas through wireframes and designs using Adobe Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Axure or Sketch
- Creating clickable prototypes for user testing and to demonstrate proof of concept
- Working closely with our UX designers to design high fidelity user interfaces that bring a concept to reality
- Note taking for research, workshops, user tests and client calls
- Attending at least 1 design event every quarter to keep up to date with the latest trends and methodologies
- Contributing to internal projects, writing articles and blog posts on relevant design topics on sectors of interest.
Your skills/ experience:
A Visual Designer needs to demonstrate a wide range of skills and capabilities including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Product design, UX/UI Design, Communication Design or other relevant fields
- Skilled working in the following programmes: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch and Invision (or equivalent prototyping tool)
- Desirable programmes include: Flash, CSS, After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment
- Good knowledge of key design and brand principles (such as atomic design)
- Good time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines
- Eager to learn and have a drive to progress and improve design standards
- Desirable to have a background of working as part of a design team
- The ability to see projects through from concept through to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- Excellent presentation skills: oral and written
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Free books from companies like Rosenfeld Media
- Annual training budget to attend conferences
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA healthcare
- Virgin gym membership
- 25 days holiday per year
How to apply?
Please submit your covering letter, CV and portfolio to email@example.com.
Feel free to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7168 7526 or drop us a quick email if you have any questions.