Service Design Network (SDN) is the leading non-profit organization committed to global growth, development and innovation within the practice of service design. Through the
activation of events, publications and advocacy, our network brings together agencies, businesses and government with the aim of strengthening the impact service design has on both the public and the private sector.
We foster creativity, embrace open-mindedness and work tirelessly in pursuit of a world where service design is adopted as the new normal.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and pragmatic speaker experience manager with excellent verbal and written communication skills for the Service Design Global Conference, held once per year in various countries. This is a true service designer role. You will be defining the speaker experience end to end.
- Define the end-to-end speaker experience
- Research and discover what makes a great speaker experience
- Create new experiences based on opportunities
- Influence the strategy for speaker selection
- Create communications and help set expectations
- Coach speakers as needed
- Contribute to and coordinate with SDN Event Board strategy
- Current or previous SDN member preferred
- Must have attended at least one global conference or national conference
- Previous experience running events or conferences preferred
- Two or more years of service design experience
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Complimentary SDN corporate membership
- Complimentary attendance to the SDN global conference
- Complimentary attendance to all national conferences
This position can be based anywhere in the world.
This is a volunteer position, with a minimum term of two years.