Are you passionate about using creative problem solving & design for social change? Are you seeking an opportunity to use your skills to improve the lives of vulnerable communities?
We at M4ID are looking for an outstanding designer to bring their talent to some of the most pressing global challenges of our time.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate with a wide portfolio of successfully implemented service solutions on digital or physical platforms. Your work will demonstrate your ability to creatively navigate through complex problems, aptitude for facilitating creative workshops in low resource settings, analytic skills to embrace the complexity of global health and development and ability to develop design strategies from a systems perspective. The successful candidate will possess an open curious mind, will thrive in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced, creative and culturally diverse environment, and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Bring design thinking and competence to global social change projects and multidisciplinary teams through human centred design approaches, with a focus on co-design, concepting, rapid prototyping and testing
- Develop methodologies and tools to support the design process and participation of communities in the countries we where we work
- Develop creative briefs and design plans together with team and clients
- Plan and conduct co-design and creative innovation workshops with stakeholders in different geographies
- Develop and deliver holistic, connected design concepts for social change projects, test and refine concepts in context
- Compile, analyse and use data and research to drive design decisions and program development
- Develop service and system strategies and implementation and evaluation plans together with our multi-disciplinary team
- Support the planning and monitoring of project activities, timelines and milestones
- Contribute to project reviews and best practice development
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and clients, share lessons learnt
- Contribute to developing M4ID creative problem solving approach and global thinking in the application of design for social change
- Commitment to social change and M4ID’s development and health mission
- 8+ years of experience in design
- Excellent service/system design skills
- Systems thinking and design experience in complex environments
- Creative problem solving skills
- Design research expertise and analytic approach to design challenges
- Fast learner with the ability to grasp complex topics quickly
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Independent and proactive working style
- Excellent collaboration skills in multinational/disciplinary project teams
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Willingness and the ability to travel internationally
- Experience in designing for medical context and low resource settings is an added plus
This is a 2-year position based in Helsinki.
If you have the experience and competencies to take on this exciting role, please send a cover letter including your salary expectation, CV and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of September with “Service Designer” as a topic.
M4ID reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!