Service Designer at Booz Allen Hamilton
Our Service Designers work collaboratively with clients and interdisciplinary teams to uncover actionable insights and identify opportunities for furthering the client’s mission.
Our team works is based in Washington DC and works on projects that impact strategy, partnership models, policy, design, and community engagement.
Our Service Designers work collaboratively with clients and interdisciplinary teams to uncover possibilities, define actionable insights, and identify opportunities for furthering the client’s mission. They’re masters at zooming in and out, and understanding how touchpoints align to drive an organization. They are talented communicators, big picture thinkers, keen observers, and passionate storytellers. They can bring ideas to life. Our Service Designers have a range of responsibilities, from overseeing design deliverable quality, leading teams, communicating to clients, and managing projects.
- Be a core member of an interdisciplinary project team
- Bring systems-level thinking to dissect and interpret the entire ecosystem of a product, service or system
- Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
- Drive synthesis and insight generation, with an emphasis on collaboration and group facilitation
- Communicate and envision design deliverables (ideas, service models, customer journeys, scenarios, system maps, infographics) and artifacts in support of a client mission
- Collaborate with designers and technologists to map and visualize ideas
- Bring an onni-channel lens to services; combining analog and digital touchpoints
- Use human-centered planning to develop new business models and change management
- Develop strategic roadmaps, define requirements, processes and generate business cases to support work stream objectives
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative methods of evaluation
- Maintain a human-centered focus to your work
- Contribute to thought leadership in the field
Successful candidates are:
- Design smart and business savvy
- Big picture thinkers
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excited about mission-driven work
- 3- 10 years of experience with service design, design thinking, design research, business design, or customer experience strategy
- Experience with behavioral analysis
- Experience working on a service design project end-to-end
- Experience with consulting (public or private) and facilitation
- Experience with ethnographic fieldwork and making sense of qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience with client negotiation and setting expectations against real world limitations
- Ability to be inspiring, open minded, hardworking, and thoughtful
- Degree in Design, Anthropology, Sociology, Business, or a related field preferred
- Prototyping experience - sketching or using tools including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator Omnigraffle, or Visio
- Experience with business modeling
- Track record of realizing ideas and plans
- MA or MS degree in Design, Social Sciences, Human Computer Interaction, Entrepreneurship or a related field a plus
- MBA in Business or Design Strategy
We’d love to see how you think. Please submit a link to your portfolio so that we may see samples of your work.
About Booz Allen Digital Experience:
For more than 100 years, business leaders and government organizations have turned to Booz Allen Hamilton to solve their most complex problems. They trust us to bring together the right minds to tackle the challenge at hand and expect original solutions where there are no roadmaps. Our Digital Experience team understands that people are central to successfully addressing these ambiguous and complex problems. Our designers and strategists thrive on taking a human-centered approach to find the answers that will change the world.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!