CIBC is seeking an experienced design thinker who is passionate about designing innovative and compelling customer experiences. You will be a pioneering member of the newly formed Service Design team within the Enterprise Process Management team (part of CIBC’s Client Connectivity & Innovation group). We work on big, juicy, omni-channel problems that stretch across the bank – what we call client-facing "moment of truth" journeys - that define a client’s relationship with CIBC. We put the clients’ needs at the heart of the experiences we design - from when a client is buying a home, to when they are dealing with fraud on their credit card, to when they need a build a financial plan to achieve their personal goals.
At the heart of our work, we are creative problem solvers, client champions and story tellers who are passionate about falling in love with the problem, not the solution. We conduct research that builds empathy with the client, we identify key insights to drive innovation, we co-create solutions, we make prototypes and test them, and we run pilots, all with the goal of taking the service live. We are a small, but mighty team that will be laying a new path for how we design financial service experiences, building a new discipline at the bank, where we drive measurable improvements for our clients and the bank.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Building a practice and a team
• Leading a multidisciplinary team focused on designing innovative services and experiences
• Helping CIBC pioneer and build the practice of Service Design within the bank
• Being a leader and active contributor in the Service Design industry, including keeping up to date on new trends, advances and best practices, and delivering thought leadership
Leading and delivering end-to-end service design projects
• Guiding stakeholders to set the vision for projects, including framing the problems to be solved and defining project success criteria
• Designing and conducting primary research (interviews, ethnographic studies) and secondary research (horizon scans, literature reviews) focused on building empathy for the end client
• Leading the synthesis of multiple data sources and research insights into artifacts (customer journey maps, videos, storyboards) that tell compelling stories
• Leading the design and facilitation of interactive ideation and co-creation workshops with clients, CIBC staff and internal stakeholders
• Conceptualizing, constructing, and testing low fidelity prototypes, where prototypes could be sketches, storyboards, wireframes etc.
• Identifying and navigating constraints, existing systems, or potential barriers to building and scaling our solutions
Championing Service Design across the bank
• Delivering presentations to senior executives
• Telling compelling stories that are effective in communicating the client experience in a simple and engaging way
• Articulating and evangelizing the value of service design to internal partners across the bank, including developing and delivering presentations training sessions