- You are experienced in managing publication projects, maintaining an overview of the activities, keeping budgets and deadlines, as well as communicating with stakeholders in a polite yet assertive way.
- You have very good communication skills and at least an ‘effective operational proficiency’ level of English (level C1). You are also familiar with British English spelling (the editorial language of our publications).
- You have great organisational skills and attention to detail.
- You have creative skills to generate new ideas and a knack for problem solving.
- You feel comfortable using software and web platforms such as: Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, GoogleDrive/Sheets, Content Management Systems, Slack and Trello.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator) is a plus.
- Background in Communications, Design, Marketing or related field is preferred.
- You are highly reliable and work independently with discernment and minimal supervision.
- You are able to maintain an overview while switching between different responsibilities.
- You are a team player and willing to support your colleagues with other projects at peak times.
- You are a positive person who is willing to share ideas and opinions, and isn’t afraid of critique and compromise.
- You are interested in service design and related disciplines.
- You will have the opportunity to proactively shape the future of a growing global organisation by enhancing our offerings with your work and ideas.
- Dealing with stakeholders all around the world, you will work with people of different cultures, communities and industries. And you will improve your knowledge of service design and related disciplines.
- You will work with an open-minded, multinational team of motivated young professionals. The HQ team office language is English. We have regular meetings to share current development and to help each other. And we like to celebrate our success with seasonal team get-togethers!
- Your desk would be located in our headquarters in Cologne, Germany.
- You might be invited to travel to work at SDN events and partner events in other cities and countries.
- The job position we are currently offering is a part-time position (30hours) with a 1-year contract, with potential for extension if the collaboration is working well.
- We are looking for someone available to start working in June 2019.
- Compensation is based upon TVL labor agreement, with grading depending on your educational and professional background.
We are open to applications from all over the world. However, please keep in mind that a valid working visa in Germany is needed before applying.
If you are interested please send your application until 30 April 2019 to Birgit Mager at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Motivation-letter explaining why you are the perfect match for this position
- CV including the description of your role within last jobs/projects
- Proof of valid working visa in Germany
- Possible start date in June 2019
We are looking forward to receiving your application!