Senior researcher on design
M4ID is looking for a post doctoral/senior design researcher to support M4ID’s innovation projects through academic writing and publication of its design process and outcomes.
In specific the researcher will work on two projects: Design of innovate tools and services to improve the health of women and babies at time of birth.
This project has been going on for two years and the researcher will retrospectively engage with the project team, the design process and outcomes to summarize the process and outcomes in academic writing to be published as part of a series of publications.
Lab.our ward project: Multidisciplinary project to innovate around the maternity ward in low resource settings to improve the experience of women giving birth.
An exploratory design project to create synergies between architecture, product and service design. The design researcher will participate in the project, document and reflect as well as research the design process and outcomes.
In addition to this the researcher will support the M4ID design team in developing a written design research approach for M4ID’s service design projects in low resource settings.
We envision the design researcher to have the following qualifications:
- Preferably doctoral degree in design research, service design or similar
- Interest in examining innovation and multidisciplinary design processes for health related innovation projects
- Excellent written English
- Interest to participate actively in the project work
- Ability to visualize processes and key findings
- Interest in maternal health
- Related previous publications in the field of service design or design research
- Experience in research related to maternal health or low resource settings is a plus
The position will be an initial 8-10 months contract based in Helsinki. Travel to Sub-Saharan Africa or India may be required.
Please send a cover letter, CV including a set of abstracts or link to publications to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15 February with the subject “Design Researcher”.
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!