The Senior Service Designer will have experience leading a team of behavioral analysts and service modelers in research and service design projects lasting from one to several months in Italian or international environments.
The ideal candidate will have excellent service design skills, with process oriented and methodical thinking, and experience in designing complex service ecosystems using a human-centered design methodology. Good knowledge of various qualitative research methods is required - including ethnographic observations, contextual interviews, heuristic and formative evaluations, usability testing and knowledge of how to translate these into the design process.
They will have experience in analysis of field research results, creating research-based personas, customer journey maps, behavioral models and service models.
- At least 5 years' experience in service design, user experience research or user experience design.
- University and/or advanced degree(s) in Service Design, Interaction Design, User Experience Design, or similar.
- Advanced English and Italian language skills (the latter only for Italy office). German or French also an advantage.
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in a variety of design, motion, collaboration and prototyping sw tools.
- Strong ability to synthesize complex research findings into thematic insights that reflect diverse social, cultural and user contexts. Understanding of how and why services succeed or fail and ability to spot likely problems in strategy, positioning, customer journey engagement, touchpoints, interaction flow, or presentation before roll-out.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to be temporarily based in project locations (with full costs reimbursed).
The Lead Service Designer will:
- Excel in human-centered methodology, service design modeling, qualitative and ethnographic research approaches, ideate concepts and truly enjoy design
- Lead service design projects
- Understand the parameters of a design problem, and be able to create appropriate service design deliverables.
- Supervise, conduct and design ethnographic research (contextual observations and interviews) and integrate findings throughout the design process.
- Translate user research and usability findings into insights, behavioral models and tangible service models (personas, customer journey maps, opportunity maps, concept ideation etc.) and help the design team to transfer insights into tangible design concepts.
- Brainstorm on innovative concept solutions around given project themes.
- Conceptualize service maps and touchpoints from early ideas to detailed solutions.
- Identify tools, resources, methods, and techniques that evolve existing approaches for the larger Experientia community.
- Communicate with clients in project management and presentation activities. Must understand the business environment and what clients need to make something actionable.
- Work independently, or in teams and in close conjunction with the partners, to produce delightful services. Leadership qualities appreciated!
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a motivational cover letter in English, an English or Italian CV, and possible other supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should be accompanied by an overview and documentation of past relevant projects and experience. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
(*) Milan-based applicants will, as far as possible within the constraints of projects, be able to conduct a few days of work each week remotely from Milan, both at home and at a co-working space.