The Service Design Network is looking for an outgoing, self-motivated and independent Intern to help us produce great brand material and organize remarkable local and global events for the service design community. This diverse role involves a mix of computer-based tasks and practical hands-on duties.
- Support in the creation of digital collateral (e.g. banners, brochures, gifs, videos)
- Support with Service Design event concepts, communication, and delivery
- Support promotion of Service Design Network projects and Chapter activities
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Creative skills to generate new ideas and a knack for problem-solving
- Ability to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple priorities
- Background in Design, Marketing, PR or related field is preferred
- You are highly reliable and work independently with minimal supervision
- You are able to maintain an overview while switching between different projects and responsibilities
- You are a team player and willing to support your colleagues with other projects in peak times
- You are a positive person who is willing to share ideas and opinions and isn’t afraid of critique and compromise
- You are interested in service design and related disciplines
- You will have the opportunity to proactively shape the future of a growing international organisation by enhancing our offerings with your support
- An internship at SDN is a great opportunity to get to know the international community and the broad variety of projects
- As an intern, you will have a couple of key-responsibilities - but you will also have flexible time to get an overview of work on a self-initiated project
- The internship is limited to three months
- 40 weekly working hours – breaks not included
- The monthly salary is 500 Euro - you will have a basic insurance
- You have 2,5 days of holiday each month
- Your desk would be at the headquarter of SDN (Josephstraße 33, 50678 Cologne Germany)
- You will work in an open-minded multi-national team of motivated young professionals
- The HQ team office language is English
We are open to applications from all over the world. However, in order to be eligible for an internship at SDN, this needs to be a mandatory part of your academic studies. You will also need to provide a valid work permit for Germany.
Applications need to be sent by January 11, 2019. You should be able to start from mid-January or the beginning of February 2019.
If you are interested please send your application to Sonja Jazic at email@example.com including:
- Motivation letter explaining why you are the perfect match for this position
- Certificate of Studies
- Proof of mandatory character of internship from your University
- Dates of availability for the internship
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
And if you need any additional information please let us know.
P.S. If you are interested in an internship within SDN, you can send us your documents and state your preferred dates. This internship position is open every 3 months. The next internship period will be February-April 2019. For this period, please apply latest by 11 January, 2019.