Cantina - Head of Service Design
Cantina is looking for a Head of Service Design to set the course for how Cantina thinks, writes, talks and delivers Service Design work.
Cantina is looking for a Head of Service Design with 6-8 years of design and consulting experience to help create and grow a Service Design practice. This role will set the course for how Cantina thinks, writes, talks and delivers Service Design work focused on helping clients across industries realize their service vision.
The Head of Service Design will focus on two key areas:
Build a Service Design practice within Cantina:
- Collaborate with Cantina executive and senior leadership team on how Service Design fits into our overall Services offerings
- Speak at conferences and events on behalf of Cantina to evangelize Service Design
- Write opinionated, thought-provoking content related to Service Design
- Define Service Design process and approaches for Cantina
- Oversee and support overall delivery quality on Design-focused projects
- Represent the design practice in pre-sales engagements; articulate Cantina’s design process, value proposition and how we will solve the prospect’s design challenge
- Create and review proposals and SOWs before they are shipped to prospects
- Build a service design team within Cantina
- Mentor one or more Cantina employees
Deliver Service Design projects:
- Be the lead designer on complex digital and physical product and service design projects and programs for Cantina clients
- Be involved in all facets of design (design system strategy, research, ideation, sketching, service mapping/blueprinting, etc.)
- Lead workshops with cross-functional client teams to innovate and develop concepts for new service designs
- Work collaboratively to rapidly prototype new service concepts to test viability and effectiveness
- Develop frameworks, methods, and templates to support consistency across new services being developed
- You have experience as a speaker at business and/or conferences and/or events. We’re looking for someone who can tell a story of how Service Design can impact a customer’s business.
- You have proven ability to communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and interactions of the service (back office, front end design).
- You have roughly 6-8 years experience in Experience Design, with a focus in Service Design, or can demonstrate that years of experience are irrelevant
- You have experience and a desire to work across the entire design process from user research, insights, ideation, prototyping and iteration, detailed design and bridging to implementation
- You have a strong portfolio of general design work with examples of service design work, specifically
- You bring a human-centered orientation to your work, with examples of work that shows how user insights led concept development
- You have the ability to articulate the meaning of your work to colleagues and stakeholders through formal and informal presentations
- You have experience leading design teams - guiding the direction of their work, providing critique, mentoring and organizing their time
- You’ve previously lead service design workshops, planning and facilitation skills
- You have experience delivering projects using Lean UX methods
- You can demonstrate proficiency with a range of interaction design, visualization, and rapid prototyping tools, from paper prototypes to familiarity with the latest prototyping tools to demonstrate complex interactions
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and complex problems
- You may have developed a service currently in the market from the ground up (ideation to shipping)
- You’re a strong writer - you have an opinion on Service Design and how it is impacting different businesses and industries
- You are passionate about training and mentoring new employees and team members in best practices, methodologies, and design principles
Please submit your portfolio and resume to Gail Black Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested?Apply
Apply for this job!