Calling All Cities: Proposal submission is now open to host the next Service Design Global Conference
The Service Design Network (SDN) is pleased to announce that we are officially accepting proposals for your city to potentially host the Service Design Global Conference 2020 (SDGC20).
The Service Design Global Conference is the annual gathering of 800+ service design thinkers, doers and leaders for a 2-day event dedicated to supporting the growth of service design and the ongoing success of the members who make up our network. The sharing of experiences, ideas and diverse perspectives is unprecedented and thanks to the open-minded and creative nature of the service design community who attend, participants are guaranteed to mark this event as the highlight of their service design year.
Why Host SDGC20?
Playing host to SDGC20 is an excellent opportunity to put your city in the spotlight. We welcome your proposal to take on this high-profile role and to showcase what makes your town so unique to our global community! Because we work in partnership with your on-site team, rest assured, you won’t be doing this alone. The SDN headquarters staff works in close collaboration to provide hands-on support and invaluable advice in the area of project management, marketing, communications, ticketing, etc., ensuring this event exceeds everyone’s expectations.
Benefits to the SDGC20 Host City/Team
- Free SDGC20 conference tickets (8 total)
- Opportunity to shape the direction of the conference from the selection of the venue, to the speakers, content and so much more
- Premium access to 800+ global service design professionals, businesses and academics
- The profiling of your team throughout our various communication channels, i.e. Touchpoint, the SDN website, conference brochure, social media channels etc.
- A guaranteed infusion of funds into the economy of your beloved city
Host Team Responsibilities
- Availability to conduct regular conference calls with SDN headquarters regarding conference strategy and execution
- Local hotel and venue guidance
- Support with speaker selection; input and outreach
- Support with workshop leader selection; input and outreach
- Sponsorship input and outreach
- Guidance concerning local expertise for conference design and execution
- General conference support pre-, during and post event
Please note that host city proposal submissions will be accepted up until 11:59 PM PST May 31, 2019. Proposals will be reviewed by our board by June 30, 2019, with the “winning” city notified soon thereafter.
Our submission guidelines outline all the details you need to know—so don’t delay, apply today!