By the end of this workshop, you will have:
- The tools to understand where much of the complexity comes from, and identify roadblock in your work environment
- The means and confidence to take action by killing complexity at your work with clear simplification strategies and streamlined approaches to focus on what matters most in the business
Technology, globalisation, policies, procedures, organisation structure, regulation and compliance needs continuously add complexity to your work. To add to the list, every increment of growth introduces a new layer of complexity into your business operations, and with it, added expenses, resources and inefficiencies.
With practically unlimited real time connectivity, and an expectation that your employees are contactable 24/7, they seem to have more to do and never enough time to do it all. As they are up to their necks in emails, phone calls, meetings, new feeds, reports, updates, interruptions, all contribute to the complexity of their work life. Employees find themselves making more decisions, about more things, with not a lack of information, but with too much information leaving them overwhelmed. With all of this, how much of their day is truly productive and how does this impact your employee experience?
The workshop is designed to help you look under the hood of your own organisation and ask these questions:
- Do we see the long-term vision or thick layers of policy and red tape?
- Are bureaucratic and complex processes slowing our company down?
- What can we do free up employee time and energise them to focus on projects that help grow the business?
So, if you're tired of running the complexity marathon, the workshop is a good place for you to get started. You get to look through the simplicity lens of a service designer, with a sensitivity to what people actually need, and realise that the best solution is always the most intuitive.
You learn to do so by: Creating space for what works by eliminating what doesn’t, do less to achieve more, reduce low-value tasks, eliminate bottlenecks, making things easier to find, get unproductive emails and meetings under control, slow down to go faster and so on.
Who wins? Every stakeholder of your organisation does.
This workshop will be highly practical. It will involve drawing on experiences, issues and examples from your place of work and provide tools to identify and eliminate barriers. You will build your own action plan that you take away and start to work with immediately.