Do Good - Give Back
Let's get together on this Global Service Design Day to celebrate and share our experiences on using design to give back.
Tough times call for courage. It takes courage to break the comfort zone and join efforts to serve a purpose bigger than ourselves - to design for good!
This year we will meet in person – yes, in person – to listen to fellow designers from SOLITA, SOK, FUTURICE, DIGITALIST, HELLON and LAUREA share their stories and inspire us on ways to find the courage to take the lead and use design to impact not only our lives and our communities, but our environment.
Let's explore together how to give back!
The event will take place from 17:00 to 20:30 at Kellohalli, Teurastamo.
Snack food and free drinks served for the first 120 people to arrive (first-come, first-served) ;) For the rest of the evening, you can get drinks from the Kellohalli bar and snacks from restaurants in Teurastamo.
17:00: Doors open
17:45 - 18:00: Welcome words by SDN Finland - Tarja Chydenius, SDN Finland co-founder & Eliisa Sarkinen, Head of SDN Finland
18:00 - 19:00: Inspiring lightning talks by SOK, Hellon, Solita, Digitalist and Futurice
- SOK: Using design to help - Sonja Krogius, Design Lead: When the war in Ukraine began, designers at SOK, other employees and our customers had a great need to help the Ukrainians. Within a few days, we joined forces and launched a donation campaign in cooperation with SPR. This campaign raised more than 600,000 euros. How did we make it happen? What part did design play?
- Hellon: Finding purpose with Hellon - Karoliina Lehtonen, Chief People Officer: What is the importance of finding purpose in the work that we do and which are the most critical aspects that influence our sense of purpose
- Solita: Case, Designing solutions to achieve the 1.5.-degree lifestyle in the EU - Riina Tõugu, Senior Service Designer: Solita has been chosen as a technology and service design partner for Positive and Sustainable Lifestyle (PS Lifestyle), a joint European project which aims to provide millions of Europeans with tools to slow down and combat climate change through technology.
- Digitalist: Co-exploring future services with new generations - Esa Nettamo, Chief Design Officer; Noam Rawlings, Marketing & Communications Trainee; Katariina Juurikka, Trainee Insight Specialist.
- Futurice: Design Superpowers for Good - Niina Mäki, Senior Service Designer.
19:00 - 20:15: Networking and music
The event is free for everyone (registration required). Sign up now!
Share your thoughts0 Replies
Please login to comment