The Professional Development Award in Service Design covers the core skills, tools and mindsets you need to service design powerful interventions for complex issues. You’ll be taken on a journey, a process spanning four learning units over six months with 17 live sessions and interactive content on a virtual learning environment. We connect theory and practical applications through a mix of experiences, live classrooms, watch anytime videos, teamwork, mentoring and case studies.
- Develop a knowledge of the fundamental tools and methods used throughout the service design process and the ability to apply these in your own professional domain
- Build skills in user research by implementing methods to identify the needs of service users and undertaking a small-scale user research project
- Explore how co-design can be developed as an approach that involves service users collaboratively in the service design process
- Communicate and reflect on a service design project process and outcomes
What to expect:
- Consultants, accredited to Master Trainer and Trainer level by the Service Design Network, who facilitate in highly collaborative ways and have a wide range of creative methods to bring the design mindset to individuals and organisations
- Creative learning for changemakers
- Tried and tested learning designed by people like you
- It’s not about hot air neither is it a talking shop – it’s about learning by doing. We believe the ability to question, be curious & interrogate are as important as knowing the methods & mapping the journeys
- Connections, network opportunities and a One Year Membership of the Service Design Network to provide you with the very best content from the world of service design
- Learning accredited and certificated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority and the Service Design Network
- Storytelling with The Story Edge – the skills to tell your service design story
- Delegates like you - Professionals interested in creative problem-solving approaches, who want to engage people and communities, in decision making through creative processes.
How much will it cost?
The fee for the PDA in Service Design is £2,900.
Entry to this qualification is at the discretion of the Academy. However, it is recommended that the candidate has a standard of communication skills in English equivalent to SCQF level 5.
Things you need to know:
- Learning Labs are delivered on Microsoft Team/Zoom
- We use a variety of safe, online platforms to connect with you – Teams, Zoom, Miro, Slack, Rise (VLE)
- All learning is in English
- The PDA in Service Design is made up of 4 SQA Units with 32 credits at SCQF Level 7
- Each Unit equates to approximately 40 hours of study
- Learners must complete four units to achieve the PDA in Service Design. These are:
- Service Design : Tools & Methods
- Service Design : User Research
- Service Design : Co-Design
- Service Design : Project