How to design joined up services and create great customer experiences that close the gap between customer expectations and perceptions. Thu 15 June 2017, 09:30 – 17:30 BST
This one-day course will introduce you to service design and arm you with techniques to measure and improve service quality across digital and physical touchpoints.
You will leave with an understanding of service design principles and how to apply them using a suite of tools, including service blueprints and customer experience maps.
It's fun, it's interactive, you will meet interesting people to exchange ideas and experiences with, and you will leave with techniques to employ, whether you’re improving an existing service or designing one from scratch.
What will you learn?
- Key principles of service design thinking
- Co-creation techniques
- The roles of an effective service designer
- Discover what makes a good service by examining service quality dimensions
- How to improve customers' service perceptions
- How to practice empathy
- Methods to use including: expectation mapping, service blueprint, contextual interviews and business origami
- Hands on practical activities
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of service design thinking and how to apply them
- Describe the sources and effects of expectations on customers' perceptions of services
- Understand key services differentiators to gain loyal customers
- Pastries on arrival
- Hot & cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion
£495 (ex. VAT) per attendee (max 6 attendees)
About the trainer
Aimée Windsor Brown - User Experience Consultant
Aimée is experienced in a variety of user centred design techniques including heuristic analysis, depth interviews, user testing, creating IAs, wireframing and prototyping. She is passionate about immersing herself in and understanding each client’s world, and working collaboratively to create solutions that meet the needs of businesses and their users.
Aimée has experience of working with a variety of clients; from start-ups to global corporates; previously as Senior Digital Designer and UX Lead for a London based agency she worked on digital projects for clients including a global automotive manufacturer and a multinational mining corporation.
Aimée has a background in design and holds a degree in Graphic Design from Ravensbourne, she is also a member of the UXPA. Her creative ability adds an extra perspective when analysing and refining user experiences.
Aimée is an enthusiastic and engaging trainer. I liked the breakout sessions and having the ability to work in teams to explore ideas. - Kaylie Mitten, Digital Product Manager, RSA
A really good balance of presentation and interactive exercises. The course content was very varied and thorough and exceeded it's promise of teaching the fundamentals. Aimée's presentation skills are excellent, her style was friendly, confident and inclusive. - Gemma Barnes, Senior UX Designer, Quba