DMI: ADMC ’Next Wave’ will address the new design knowledge being created, the new forms of practice emerging, and how research and practice can stimulate and learn from each other.
Call For Submissions
We are happy to announce the Call for Papers and R+B Submissions for the 21st DMI: Academic Design Management Conference to be held in London (UK) from the 1st to 2nd August 2018.
Around the world, a mass movement of design researchers and practitioners are using their capabilities to enable innovation in complex systems and organizations across public and private sectors alike. ’Next Wave’ will address the new design knowledge being created, the new forms of practice emerging, and how research and practice can stimulate and learn from each other.
Each day of this two day conference will open with a keynote presentation by noted academic and industry leaders, followed by multiple sessions running along concurrent tracks – multiple Academic Paper tracks and 1 practitioner-oriented R+B (Research + Business) track. The final afternoon will feature a dmi:FuturED Workshop to debate and discuss global design education and the skills designers that need to acquire to ensure success.
Academic Paper and R+B (Research + Business) Tracks and Topics
DMI has long been a global advocate for the collaboration between researchers and practitioners in design and design management. This ADMC continues that tradition, focusing on current partnerships and paving the way for future collaborations between domains. We are actively seeking submissions on the following tracks and topics:
Academic Research Paper Tracks
• Design Research-Led Innovation
• Business: Design and Design Management for Economic Growth
• Design, Leadership, and Organization Design
• Public Sector & Transportation
• Healthcare & Society
• Open Track For Papers That Do Not Directly Fit Themed Tracks
R+B (Research + Business) Topics
• Innovation Lab Partnerships
• Shared Material Science / Materials Development Collaborations
• Health Technology Partnerships
• Design Research Applications in Service or Experience Design
• Academics and/or Practitioners presenting and participating in paper sessions
• Practitioners and/or Academics leading workshop sessions
• FuturED participants and facilitators
• General registrants from academia and industry interested in cutting-edge topics
• Design Management Students
Visit http://www.dmi.org/ADMC for more info on the call schedule, conference venue, deadlines, and to submit your paper abstracts and/or R+B proposals.
Programme01 August - 01 August 2018
|09:21 PM - 09:21 PM|