About Ricardo Martins
Ricardo Martins is a Service Design Professor, at Savannah College of Art and Design, the number #1 in design awards in USA.
He teaches the following courses:
- Service Design Implementation
- Technologies and Services
- M. F. A. Thesis Research Design
- Service Architecture, Ecologies and Touchpoints
- Services Enterprise
- Blueprinting Services
- Mixed Methods Research
- Master Degree Final Project
- Service Design Undergraduate Capstone Project
- Pleasure Based Service Design Approaches
- SCADPRO Design Studio
- Communicating Value in Services
He is also a researcher and consultant on strategic design, service design, brand management, project management, innovation and Lean Six Sigma.
His main area of interest is organizational change, politics and power. Besides that, he also loves mathematics, inferential statistics and the use of data to find the path from cause to effect.
Topics of interest:
- design combined with inferential statistics,
- kansei engineering (emotional engineering),
- customer perception and preference measurement,
- customer lifetime value assessment,
- customer choice modeling,
- segmentation and market structure analysis,
- market share forecasting,
- optimal products and product line design,
- optimal pricing strategies and advertising
- decision making.
Methods and tools I prefer to use:
- Regression Analysis,
- Discrete Choice Models such as logistic regression and the Multinomial logit,
- Conjoint analysis,
- Multidimensional scaling for preference visualization,
- clustering and segmentation tools such as K-means and Finite mixture models
- Network analysis for power mapping
To me, service design means...
The engine that moves the world.