Join us for the Newcastle Service Jam, 22-24 March 2023 @ Thoughtworks Newcastle
As part of the Global Service Jam (#GSJam), it's a 48h storm of post-its, rapid research and prototypes to solve real world problems. It's in-person and is free & open to anyone.
Partnering with DWP Digital
We are partnering with DWP Digital to focus on challenges faced by citizens in the North East ranging from welfare, support for carers to retirement planning. Teams will self-organise on the day around a chosen problem area.
All roles welcome
You don’t need to be a researcher or designer to get involved, all roles are welcome and encouraged to attend! It’s fun, playful, fast-paced and a safe space to try out tools and techniques and learn things from other people.
CONNECT. Meet new people in Newcastle and the North East and connect to a community of innovators. Come as you are, without ideas in mind.
EXPLORE. Break free from your day-to-day and learn how to work and collaborate through creative, fun and playful activities.
CREATE. DOING not TALKING! Immerse yourself in a creative process and prototype a new product or service to inspire the world.
What to expect
A fun and fast-paced 2-days of collaboration and experimentation!
- Brainstorming and ideation with post-it notes (real ones!)
- Crazy 8's sketches to explore the problem
- Build on others ideas with "yes and"
- Dot voting to converge on ideas
- Guerrilla user research on the streets of Newcastle
- Lo-fi prototyping to rapidly explore ideas
- Elevator pitches to refine product ideas
- Keynote speaker and lunch & learn sessions for insight and inspiration
- Creative energiser to keep up the energy