After meeting your fellow explorers at Dickinson Square Park, we’ll discuss the way community fridges serve neighborhoods in Philadelphia then go out on our own fact-finding expedition! Working in groups, you’ll find a community fridge location to make a donation and document your experience.
We’ll convene at the park to discuss our observations and consider ways we may be able to help bring awareness to the amazing organizations helping to feed their communities.
For all attendees:
- If you are able, please bring a food item to donate to a community fridge. If you’re not in a position to do so, don’t let that stop you from joining us! We’re working in teams so no one will be left out.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you may need to walk up to a mile each way to a nearby fridge. You may also choose to take public transportation or ride-share to a fridge location that is further out. (We have pinned several fridges that are within a 2 mile radius of the BOK Building, but may be too far to walk within our time frame.)
- Please pack a light snack and bring hydration, we will not be able to distribute food or drinks in the park
What to bring:
- Pantry items (properly packaged with ingredients listed, not expired)
- Bread (not expired)
- Canned goods
What NOT to bring:
- Any expired or unlabeled food
- Non-food items
- Condiment packets
- Uncooked meat