Strategy and Business Plan
The diversity of backgrounds at our early events embodies why we believe an SDN Chapter here would add to the larger context in the US market and beyond. Our community includes members of academia, private enterprise, public service, and social innovation. At an industry level, there are many life sciences, healthcare, and financial service organizations investing in design and technology-based ecosystems in the city as well as the surrounding areas. We also expect to see continued growth from Delaware. We look forward to sharing Philadelphia’s blend of tradition and change with the global SD community.
- Grow the profession of Service Design in the Delaware Valley through in-person and virtual events in the Philadelphia region.
- Hold regular chapter events using a mixture of in-person and remote activities. Building from our monthly meetups and quarterly Service Jams we will add professional workshops in order to grow our community to a more professional level while maintaining the low barrier of entry.
- Broaden our reach in the Philadelphia community and region by reaching out to organizations and institutions to educate and inform them about service design through informal networks and our LinkedIn Group and SDN Chapter website.
- Grow a network of executives, leaders and practitioners focused on Service Design that can sustain the need for talent in our city.
- Promote community and connectedness through formal and informal gatherings such as panel discussions and workshops throughout the year.