This year, the theme of the day is "Do good, Give back", so we wanted to harness the power of design to create a positive impact on our local NYC community. We'll be hosting a free co-creation workshop with Designit, where we'll use service design tools to solve real challenges that a local NYC nonprofit is facing in providing services to our community.
During the workshop, you will:
- learn about the work of one local nonprofit (to be announced)
- participate in a collaborative co-creation exercise in teams of 6-7 people
- synthesize your team's ideas into a concept poster
- share out each team's concept in a gallery style showcase
Before the workshop, there will be time to mingle and graze on cheese, Mediterranean snacks, beer, and wine. Come hungry for hummus and brimming with ideas!
General Schedule of the night:
- 6:00 ~ 6:30pm: Network + Bites & Drinks
- 6:30 ~ 6:45pm: Introduction to Activity and Divide into Groups
- **6:45pm Door Closes**
- 6:45 ~ 8:15pm: Workshop Activity + Share-out Gallery Style
- 8:15 ~ 8:30pm: Closing
*This event is sponsored by Designit, a global strategic design agency with 17 offices around the world. They work with brands across numerous sectors to design what matters to people, business, and societies.*
We look forward to celebrating Service Design Day with you this year!