- Share and grow Service Design through in-person and virtual events in Chicago, the midwest, and beyond.
- Grow a network of executives, leaders and practitioners focused on Service Design that can sustain the need for talent in our city.
- Promote community and connectedness through formal and informal gatherings such as panel discussions and workshops through the year.
- Identify and connect organizations and top teir research institutions to SD leadership where SD can make a difference.
Goals for our first year
- Hold regular chapter events using a mixture of in-person and remote activities. Building from our monthly meetups and quarterly Service Jams we will add professional workshops in order to grow our community to a more professional level while maintaining the low barrier of entry.
- Broaden our reach in the Chicago community by reaching out to organizations and institutions to educate and inform them about Service Design through informal networks and our LinkedIn Group and SDN Chapter website.
- Ensure we sustain a cross-disciplined community and approach to Service Design by inviting and including a variety of related disciplines and expertise in our membership and event content.
- Connect with colleges and universities to encourage the formation of student members and groups. The goal of this effort is to inform them of the Service Design profession, to mentor their career development, help them engage the local community with Service Design initiatives, and guide them in building leadership skills to be valuable as the next generation of Service Designers.